Chapter 21 David's POV bonus chapter

Sorry that this chapter is really short but the majority of votes towards the character POV went towards David, Ally's dad :) So please, please vote, comment and share! It means so much to me! Thank you and enjoy! :)

Chapter 21 David POV bonus chapter

“Do you understand?” the policeman in front of me asked and I bit back my sarcastic remark.

“Yes,” I retorted, sticking my chin in the air stubbornly. When I found that girl, she was in for it.

“You are not allowed anywhere near Allison Scythe,” he repeated, causing me to roll my eyes.

The room that I was in seemed to make me feel bigger, the size of it was tiny and made of stone. Like a cell, but nothing compared to what I would be staying with if she won the court case.

“I heard you the first time,” I barked and the man on the other side of the table raised his eyebrows questioningly. I didn’t apologise.

“Mr Scythe, I’m sure that you are aware of your charges, any show of aggression doesn’t help your case,” my lawyer noted from beside me. He was sitting so close that I could smell the smoke on his breath. I resisted gagging and turned back to the man on the other side of the desk that was in charge of my case.

Sure enough, they had me out by the end of the weekend. I signed my bail papers and walked out of the doors as a free man, ready to go back to my house and hope that my pest of a daughter didn’t return home.

My teeth gritted together at the thought of her. She was the reason that I had to sit in those temporary cells for a week and twiddle my thumbs. Did I feel bad about what I did to her? Slightly. Would I do it again? Definitely.

The ride back to my house was lonely, the streets seemed dead and when I pulled up to my house to find the lights off and the curtains open, I felt my stomach flip with anger again. She had been in there and moved things about, she had no right to touch my things, let alone take her own.

I slammed my car door shut and stormed up the path. My neighbours, who were normally in their gardens, seemed to be inside, almost as if they were avoiding me. I shook my head at my stupidity and unlocked the door, enjoying the vulnerable click from the key as I pulled it back out and strolled inside to my territory.

I was not going to go down for what I did to her, she was in my house, following my rules and she was my daughter, I had the right to do to her as I pleased, even if it was violent and angry. My wife wouldn’t be proud, but she’d understand why I did what I did and what I planned to do when I saw that little girl again.

I threw my keys down on the side, listening to the clink from metal to granite as it echoed through the empty house.

I managed to make myself a microwave meal and settle in the front room before I heard a knock on the door, I wasn’t really in the mood for visitors and would’ve ignored it if I wasn’t under strict police watch.

“Amy,” I greeted coldly when I swung open the door and found myself face to face with the beautiful blonde that had dumped me the week before. Because of Allison.

“David, I was wondering if we could talk?” she asked, stepping into the passage so I couldn’t really say no. Instead, I turned around and made my way back to the front room and settled on the arm.

“What do you want?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and looking over her curves. Before I knew it, I felt a stinging pain against my cheek and my face had shifted to the side. It felt like little needles were jabbing me which only made anger wash over my entire body.

“You’re an asshole! You hit your daughter? You attacked Ally?” she screamed in my face and it took everything in me not to hit her back. I took a deep breath and stood up so that I was towering over her. She didn’t shrink back, if anything she just stood her ground and stabbed her finger at my chest.

“Your innocent little girl was at my sister’s office yesterday! You’re sick,” she spat. "And if you think that I'm going to back you up for your court case, you're wrong," she narrowed her eyes at me before turning around and storming out. She was going to be my only witness on the case, she had seen me around Ally and I had made sure that I had been gentle with her when Amy was around. That was the second time Ally had ruined my relationship and she wasn’t going to get off so easy this time around.

Question: Which character is your favourite? :)