Chapter 27 (Clara's POV bonus Chapter)

Hello again! I'm not overly happy with this chapter but I did agree with the majority of you, it was about time that we got to know Dale and Clara a little bit better, so here it is! Please vote and comment, it would mean a bunch! :) Chapter dedicated to AsRandomAsTheyGet for the beautiful banner down the side! :)

Chapter 27 Clara POV

The mall wasn’t full, which was a surprise since it was a Saturday morning, but I wasn’t one to complain, at least we could get into the shops with minimum problems.

“I don’t want to wear a dress,” Ally warned from beside me and I laughed, shaking my head. We had left the campsite early morning the day before and had made plans to go shopping for Avenue’s concert.

“Good, I’m not wearing one either,” I replied, glancing over at her. I couldn’t stop thinking about her on the way back from the camping trip, she was strong, but she clearly wasn’t ready for court. She looked at me with a surprised expression and I grinned.

“One thing that you need to learn about concerts, not everyone wears dresses and in my opinion, trousers look better anyway,” I shrugged and I caught her smile.

“I’m glad someone thinks the same way as I do for once!” she exclaimed and I laughed. I knew what Layla was like, Cooper and Josh had moaned to Dale and he had told me, I didn’t like the sound of her and I knew for sure that I wouldn’t of put up with it.

“Right, we’re going to Republic,” I announced and Ally raised her eyebrows in confusion.

“Please don’t tell me that your so-called bestie didn’t take you to Republic?” I questioned, causing her to snort softly.

“I did my own shopping as well,” she replied and I laughed.

“I know and you haven’t visited the best place in here,” I dragged her up to the escalator and she shook her head.

“I normally stay down there,” she gestured to the bottom floor. “I can’t afford the stuff up here,” she shrugged as if it was nothing but I caught the hint of sadness in her voice.

“Well, today you can, so c’mon.”

Strolling away from the top of the escalator, Ally glanced around us nervously, she had been doing it since we’d arrived and I hadn’t mentioned it, but I needed to put her mind at ease. I stopped walking and Ally carried on for a few more paces until she realised that I had come to a halt.

“Al, he’s not here,” I replied and she sighed, her shoulders slumping in defeat.

“I know, sorry,” she muttered and I laughed.

“Don’t apologise, it’s fine, I just hate seeing you look so... on edge,” I paused and glanced at her expression. She didn’t look upset, if anything she looked reasonably calm. “I was the same, just wait until the court case is done with and it’ll all be over. But for now, get your ass over to Republic!”

Ally laughed, turning on her heels and not making me ask her twice. I did notice the silver scar that was along her collar bone, it looked similar to mine, just bigger and longer. I strolled along beside her as we walked into the shop and the familiar smell of new fabric hit me like a wall.

I looked at the vast array of clothes on the rails, hanging and waiting to be noticed. Ally looked lost so I took her wrist and took her with me to the petite section.

“Thanks for the reminder of my size,” she replied in a sarcastic tone and I laughed.

“I’m the same! Now, I think that some tight jeans will look good on you with a white tank top and a jacket of some kind,” I muttered and her jaw fell agape.