Chapter 12

Wow! Two chapters in one night! I'm on a roll! ;) anyway, I couldn't stop writing after the last chapter and I have had this one planned out for days so I finally got to writing it! :) Thank you all for commenting and voting, please continue to do so, I love it so much, hearing all of your ideas and opinions! :) Here's the chapter, I hope you like it! Comment what you think!:)

Chapter 12

“Allison! What on earth happened to your arm?” Miss Holdana exclaimed when I walked into work.

I had to admit, it did look quite bad outside the bandage, but it wasn’t so bad under it. I had finger marks. I would’ve left it un-bandaged but she would’ve been able to tell that it wasn’t done on the rink.

“Nothing, Miss Holdana, don’t worry,” I tried to smile but she shook her head.

“Ally, you can tell me anything, you know that don’t you?” her voice was soft and concerned but I only shook my head, resisting the urge to spill everything out there and then.

“I fell over; I tried to do the litz jump and missed, landed awkwardly,” I shrugged but she still didn’t look convinced. She didn’t say another word before hobbling upstairs with Tyke.

I groaned inwardly and leaned forward on the desk, resting my head on my arms. I didn’t want her to be angry at me for not saying anything, but I had a feeling that she’d be angrier if I told her that I hadn’t done anything about it.

“Honey,” I looked up to see my boss stood on the other side of the desk, her eyes were soft and her mouth was curved into a small smile.

“I’m sorry, I’m just worried about you,” she sat down on the chair and sighed, looking at me with sadness in her eyes.

I walked over and sat on the chair next to her, she looked down at her hands.

“I failed my granddaughter, Ally. She can never skate again, I couldn’t do anything to help her, but I can help you, if you just talk to me,” her voice was all defeat and it took everything in me not to hug her.

“Miss Holdana, I fell over on the rink, I am fine. I promise you.”

I stood up and wrapped my arms around her, handling her as if she was fragile and she rubbed my arms, carefully avoiding my bandages.

“Okay, as long as you’re sure,” she looked at me as if she was expecting me to change my mind but I just walked back to my desk, ready to finish the rest of my shift.

I heard a horn outside just before twelve and when I looked out of the broad window I saw Cooper’s car with Cooper sat inside, waving at me. Miss Holdana looked out and then smiled at me.

“You go, honey. I’ll finish up,” I grinned at her and kissed her cheek before grabbing my coat and heading towards the door.

“Thank you” she smiled at me before shooing me out of the door.

“He’s a nice lad, go, have fun!” I thanked her again before shimmying out of the shop and jogging over to the car. Cooper hung out of the window and gave me a kiss before I strolled around the other side and climbing in the car.

“Hey, what were you planning for today?” I asked as I pulled the seatbelt over my stomach.

“Well, it’s not exactly what you would call a date, but I need to wash my car,” he said in a shy tone before starting his car, causing me to laugh.

“That’s fine, I’ll happily help.”

He looked over at me in complete disbelief and then snapped his eyes back to the road.