Chapter 5

<---- please vote and comment what you think, it means a lot to me! :)  Again, like the first chapter I can't do anything about how the paragraphs are indented, it wont edit unfortunately so thanks to those people who point it out, I have tried to change it but it won't work, thanks and enjoy!

I have never, ever struggled with what to wear so much in my life. Picking my outfit was difficult as most of the clothes I owned were either suitable for work or ice skating, not going out with incredibly good looking guys.

                In the end I reused the jeans from the night before and just pulled on a tank top and scarf, adding a cardigan to hide my newly marked arms.

                I packed a handbag rather than my big ice skates bag and set out of the house with my phone, my money and my keys. I will admit that I did look up Layla’s makeup tutorials for my eyes but the end result wasn’t quite as good.

                When I left the house was when I realised that I had no idea where the mini golf course was. I took my phone out of my bag and found Cooper’s contact card before clicking the ring button. “Hello?” Cooper’s voice was muffled for a second and then all I could hear was his steady breathing.

“Hi, Cooper? It’s Ally.” I heard some catcalling in the background and Cooper swearing at some people before it was quiet again and all I could hear was him.

                “Hey, everything okay?” He asked, I felt stupid for calling but I told him anyway.

“I don’t know where the golf course is.” I admitted and he laughed.

“How long have you lived here?” He asked when his chuckling had subsided.

“Knock it off! Where’s the golf course?” I asked, I could hear the smile when he spoke.

“Where are you? I’ll come and get you so I can take you with me.” I stopped walking and sat on the wall outside of the spar shop.

“I’m by Spar.”

“Okay, give me five minutes and I’ll be there, I hope you’ve been practising on your flexibility.” I rolled my eyes but couldn’t help but smile at the same time.

“See ya in a bit.” I hung up and slid the phone back into my pocket. I had no idea how today was going to go, as embarrassing as it is, that was pretty much my first ever date.

                The minutes went past like hours but after seven minutes Cooper’s car pulled up outside the Spar shop and he waved in greeting before leaning over and unwinding the window for me to climb through.       

                This time I was more confident with the scramble to get into the car and managed to gracefully plonk myself in the seat. “Good morning.” He chimed happily and I smiled, breathing in the soft smell of his cologne and taking in the sight of him. He’d clearly just got out of the shower as his hair was a little wet and he was wearing a dark red t-shirt over the same jeans that he was wearing the first night I met him.

“Good morning.” I replied as he went through his usual battle with the engine to start the car up.

                “Just so you know, I have never played golf before in my life.” He grinned, pushing the car into drive with seemingly a lot of effort.

“Good, that means I won’t get my ass kicked by a girl.” He nodded and I laughed at his smug expression.

“I pick things up pretty quickly though so don’t get too cocky.” He shrugged but shot me another smile before driving out onto the main road and down the street to get out of town.