Chapter 24

Hello my beauts! We were at #5! :D Thank you all so much for sticking with this story! I love you all! :D Any-who, here's another chapter for you :) Enjoy! Please vote and comment, I love reading them and they're really motivating! :D

Chapter 24

I woke up to a crash that was coming from the passage; I glanced over to see that Cooper was still asleep. I stayed still for a moment, just listening to his steady heartbeat and breathing. That was until I heard another movement from the passage, and I didn’t think that it was Victor or Sadie.

I moved myself quietly from Cooper’s warm arms and padded over to the door. Glancing back at Cooper, I pushed the door open and winced when it made a creaking sound.

“Josh?” I couldn’t quite believe my eyes. What was Josh doing in Cooper’s bathroom?

“Shush!” he hissed and shut the bathroom door behind him. He was wearing nothing but sweatpants and he was heading back to Lisa’s room. I put my hand to my mouth to suppress a gasp when Lisa walked out of her room with messy hair and a red face.

“Al, what’s going on?” I felt Cooper’s arms come around my waist from behind me and him yawn. I glanced up at him when I felt him stiffen behind me.

“Josh, what are you doing here?” he exclaimed, moving out from behind me.

“Um,” Josh shuffled uncomfortably and Lisa tried to sneak back into her room, but not before Cooper caught her.

“Oh dear god, please tell me that you didn’t spend the night with my sister!” Cooper all but growled and Josh gulped whilst Lisa slipped her hand into his and squeezed it.

“Cooper,” I started and held his arm to refrain him for going after Josh, I could feel how tense he was and his jaw was set.

“It’s not what it looks like,” Josh stated and I rolled my eyes, I hoped that it wasn’t what it looked like.

“Not what it looks like? You were in that room with my sister!” he exclaimed and then looked over Josh again. “And you’re not wearing all of your clothes!” he added, giving him a stern and very impatient look.

“Look, Coop,” Josh started but Cooper held his hand up.

“Lisa, did you or did you not sleep with Josh last night?” Cooper directed the question at his sister, who was squirming uncomfortably.

“No, he just slept in my room,” she answered in a hushed tone and Cooper seemed to physically relax. I glanced over at Lisa who shot me a small smile and a look that told me she’d explain later.

“If you hurt my sister, I will kill you, do we understand?” Cooper asked. His voice sounded teasing but I could tell that he would probably never talk to Josh again if he hurt Lisa.

“Understood, man,” Josh answered and Cooper sighed, clearly still unhappy with what had just happened.

“Right, breakfast,” Cooper announced and I grinned.

“I look like I’ve been dragged through some bushes so I’ll freshen up and meet you down there,” I replied, gesturing towards my mop of hair.

“Nah, Al, you look like you’ve just had sex,” Josh winked and disappeared downstairs with Cooper, who was laughing.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Lisa who was just smiling at me. I grinned and strolled past her into her room, gently spinning her around with me.