Chapter 5 - Because Written Tests Are Soooo Important For Becoming A Ninja!

Dedicated to....... Thenameslynith13! A pleasure to talk to, a talented writer, and she supported this story from the beginning! Thank you <3333

I tried making this long and not boring! Vote and comment so I'll put up the next chap, which will be VERY important!

(Flashback)

We were one of the first ones there.

We began in the hallway. The lights weren't the highest of quality and it was poorly lit. The floors were wooden and worn, showing they were old. There were a couple of people crowding around the door number 301, so we chose to go there.

(Note: I didn't see The Suna Siblings there when they show Naruto's Team, so this is something I made up!)

Everyone was staring wearily at two young men who stood protectively in front of everyone. "None of you are prepared for the Chunin Exams!" one of them shouted.

"Unless you guys want to die, I suggest you quit!" the other one warned.

Some of the people there looked like the were actually going to leave, that's when we stepped up.

The one with brown spiky hair looked down at Gaara who stood in front of the rest of us. "Hey runt, didn't you hear what we said?"

"A little kid like you wouldn't stand a chance in the Chunin Exams!" the other one with brown hair and a bandanna tied around his head said, scoffing.

Gaara said nothing. He was never easily intimidated and usually kept his cool. He hardly ever did anything to anyone the entire time I've known him. Then again, no one in the Sand did anything to provoke him. These Leaf ninjas were the only people I've ever seen stand up to him.

The one with spiky hair got angry at Gaara's resistance. "You deaf or something? Get outta here!"

"Lift your genjutsu," Gaara commanded monotonously.

Genjutsu? What does he mean? Am I not looking at the right place? Wait a second... weren't we supposed to go to the third floor? We only walked up 2 flights of stairs! (idk if this is rite, I'm not sure! Did they walk 2 or 3 flights? O well!).

"So they figured it out..." he said, surprised.

"That's it!" The other one clenched his fist and took a step forward to hit Gaara.

Big mistake.

His fist instantly came in contact with a small wall of sand and he instantly recoiled the injured limb, cradling it to his chest. "What the hell?!?"

My eyes widened. So THAT was why he had that gourd! The sand in there was what he used to attack and protect himself. He didn't even move a muscle, he was still standing there calmly with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

The sign that read "301" turned into "201" and the small crowd gasped.

Temari rolled her eyes. "Let's go, guys."

We met no other interruptions on the next floor.

(over)

So here we were. It was pretty crowded now.

"He's just so...so..."

"Hot?" I finished. Right now me and Temari were sitting down separately from Gaara and Kankuro to talk. She was, as I presumed, gushing about Sasuke.

"Yeah! Don't you think he's incredibly hot! I mean, just look at him! Strong, mysterious, good-looking!"

I shrugged. "He's not my type."