Chapter 24 - Love Over Rationality

Dedicated to Chaoticss! Very very very good writer! Read her stories guys! I like them more than mine lol xP

So....this is ending soon. I know if I drag it on it'll become much more popular but this is what's right. There's going to be one chapter after this and then an epilogue. Hopefully it'll be satisfying!

ITS NOT OVER YET! there's more chaps, don't worry!

***

Being the ever so lucky person I am, there was a sandstorm right after I talked with the ghost.

She crossed over. I wasn't very sad to see her go. Old bat lead me on! She apologized and admitted she just wanted to have some fun but I didn't forgive her. Now I'm left with nothing to go on.

This storm matches exactly how I'm feeling right now. On the outside I'm calm but on the inside.....

Worry. Fear. Dread. Anger. Forlorn.

Now what? Even with Orochimaru's inability to use jutsus I still can't defeat him. He probably has something, someone, under his sleeve. Me and my mom don't have the best relationship but I still love her. I can't let him take her away from me!

It's just occurred to me that he might kill me. The only reason he wanted me was for this and I couldn't do it. Maybe out of sheer rage he'll lash out and kill me.

I'm not gonna make it out of this one. I'm not strong enough to protect myself.

The sand moaned and whistled loudly, spinning aimlessly. It twirled and turned all alone, without a dance partner to accompany it. As it started to near me it blew grains into my eyes and filled my ears with it's song. I combined some wind with my chakera to blow it away. It was the least of my troubles right now.

I can blow it out of my eyes but not out of the way. I'm not one hundred percent sure if I'm going in the right direction. Now I'm heading to the home of the Sand Siblings. Returning home now is no option now. I didn't want to go there either but it was my only option.

A horrible thought struck me. Would I get to say anything to my mom before I'm taken away?

Whats the last thing I said to her? I could hardly remember.....

No, I remember. The last thing I said to her was a lie for her protection.

When was this storm going to end?!? And was getting into my clothes, making me itchy. It also slipped through small openings in my bandages and stung my wounds. I can't see or hear anything, the smartest thing to do now is stop here and wait for it to end.

"What an unlucky situation you've put yourself in." A voice I vaguely remembered observed, trying to speak over the wind, bare fingers winding around my wrist. Where have I heard that voice before?!?

The strangers hand tugged me down and after a few seconds I felt the sand stop. The sound of wind furiously whipping something rang in my ears. I opened my eyes and to my surprise there was a mini tent covering me.

"You were hard to find. I'm not very familiar with your chakura signature so it took some time to follow you here."

I brushed the grains of sand free from my eyelashes and peered at the person who was apparently looking for me. I knew I recognized that voice! It's Kabuto!

Kabuto. The guy linked to Orochimaru. So if he's looking for me- no, he found me- then that means he's here to....

Goosebumps sprouted on my bare arms and legs and my upper tooth bit into my lower lip nervously. Sweat started to form at my forehead. I'm not ready! I didn't even get to say my goodbyes!