Chapter 18 - Transformation

Dedicated 2 qvnguyen03! Thanks for fanning and voting and commenting on every chap! Any1 watch Fairy Tail? She has a rly good Fairy Tail fanfic!

Idk why but I'm happy with this chap! Even though I wrote while watching it which usually makes it come out bad, I like this! Feedback? Plz? Luff u guys!

***

Kankuro scoffed. "Bring it on then."

Before Kankuro could attack Sasuke Temari leapt up in the air towards the Uchiha. "Kankuro, Yurei, take Gaara and run!" She flung three kunai knives at Sasuke who merely tilted his head to the right to avoid the weapons. "Let me deal with him."

Even Gaara, who was one of the strongest people I've ever met, struggled against Sasuke. Would Temari be able to take him on?

"But Temari...... You can't handle him alone....." Kankuro argued with a slightly concerned look painted on his purple makeup decorated face.

"I'll stay and help you fight him!" I offered. I don't think we'll be able to beat him but maybe we'll be able to hold him off long enough to get Gaara away safely.

"Don't worry about it!" Temari exclaimed. "This is an important mission for the Sand Village. Prioritize Gaara's condition." I frowned. I wish I could tell her the truth about the mission and how it's run by Orochimaru but there's no time.

"Also, this guy is my type." She smirked. Oh yeah, I forgot, she liked Sasuke. "Yurei, Kankuro, go!" We both grunted in response and started to run.

"I won't let you!" Sasuke shouted from behind us but I didn't even bother turning around. I know Temaru has our backs. At the sound of leaves rustling in the air I could tell she started to fight. I hope she'll be okay.

We covered some ground but in the matter of mere minutes we both felt a presence after us. "Someone's coming....." Kankuro muttered.

"The Uchiha?" I asked. Not knowing the answer he didn't reply.

Three shurikins were suddenly thrown at us, aimed more towards Kankuro since he carried Gaara. "Damnit, it's the Uchiha!" Kankuro cursed.

If he's here then Temari was defeated. That was fast. Well, she did use a lot of chakra in her match against Shikamaru.

Sasuke came from behind us to in front, forcing us to stop. He's too fast and we're both getting tired. But judging by his heavy panting he was worn out too. Seems Temari put up a hell of a fight then. "Don't run." Sasuke commanded us between heavy breathe, smirking victoriously since he caught up with us.

"Bring it on." Kankuro challenged. "I'll fight you this time then."

I raised an eyebrow. "I think you mean both of us will."

He scrunched his nose. "You can protect Gaara." He still thinks I'm weak. Granted I'm not all that strong but I'm not as useless as he makes me sound!

"Wait!" My eyes widened. That was Temari's voice! Said person dropped down gracefully onto the same branch we were perched on.

"What? Temari?" Kankuro looked down at her, surprised. "I thought he beat you. You were okay?" I winced at her disheveled appearance. Okay was an overstatement. Her body was covered with scrapes and bruises and her left eye was swelled and a black and blue shade. She had no serious injuries but wasn't in top notch condition.

"Yeah, somehow." she replied. "But...I couldn't stop him at all."

My eyes widened. If Temari couldn't take him on then I sure can't! We were at the same level if she was not stronger. Kankuro seems strong from what I've seen but I haven't witnessed all his moves yet.