Epilogue! (3 Years Later)

FINALLY IT'S HERE! I'm sorry, it took way too long, but I live where Hurricane Sandy hit and it all way one big mess. We lost power, got it back, had a snow storm and lost it again, then school stated and we had to do lots of work to catch up. It was hard to finally write hut it's hurts to end this. Feels just like yesterday when I posted the first chapter. I remember, I nearly deleted It cuz I was embarrassed by the dumb idea xD I'm so grateful I didn't!

My writing styles weird here, I read this book and it messed me up :/ gomen, hope it's not as annoying as I think!

THERE WERE SO MANY COMMENTS!!) like, it was amazing! I didn't expect so many fans to be so sweet! Thanks everyone, I don't reply but I do read every single comment I get and appreciate it all!

Dedicated to Cherryninja17! She gave me sweet comments and encouraging words which reminded me to take a break from all my HW and upload!

***

(Epilouge guys, takes place 3 years later!) (btw, this is before Naruto comes back to the Leaf Village, I'm thinking maybe 4 or 5 months earlier)

Silence. Eyes exchanging looks. Small fidgets beneath the conference table. Loud gulps. Knees bouncing up and down.

"Well?" I injured, breaking the silence. Every pair of eyes snapped to mine. The me 3 years ago would have started blushing like mad but I stared back at them placidly. "What's everyone's decision?"

Eyes once again bounced back and forth like pinballs, everyone afraid to speak their minds. No one wanted to be the first to talk.

"I don't....I don't think it's a good idea....." One of them finally spoke.

My eyes flickered to theirs and they flinched. I forced as much venom into my glare as possible. I wasn't a very mean person but I had a reputation to uphold. I learnt that in this profession it is vital to have people fear you to obey you. "And why is that?" I asked sharply.

Everyone looked at each other. I knew they all had the same answer but none had the courage to say it.

Now, it wasn't my presence that had them so scared. No, it was Gaara's. He said nothing, just watched impassively. They were afraid to speak their opinion with him in the room.

"I don't think he's very.....capable-"

"Then who is?" I cut him off. I scooted further on the edge of my burgundy cushioned seat, resting my elbows on the table. I entangled my fingers together and laid my chin against them, judging eyes scanning everyone's expectantly. "He is the best candidate. Not only is he one of the strongest ninjas in the village, if not the strongest of them all, he is also intelligent and knows this village better than everyone else. He's the most capable person in the whole village!"

"Err...Yes, but......" An balding old-man trailed off, eyes flickering to his left to someone (probably his friend) eyes pleading for help.

Annoyance boiled in my stomach and I let it out though words. "Just say it already!"

"Everyone's scared of him!" A man, probably in his 20's, blurted out. Silence pursued the outburst. All eyes were on Gaara, gauging his reaction.

He sat formally with his arms at his sides and his back strait. During the course of three years he also worked on his manners. His eyes fluttered closed for a second. When they opened they landed on me.

I scoffed at the man, fingers separating from under my chin and balling into fists. "I have known Gaara for three years, much longer than any of you. In fact, I bet most of you have never said even one word to him! He is the strongest man I know and the most harmless around comrades." I rose, causing everyone to cringe, and outstretched my arms, spinning over. "Do I look hurt to you? I've tested his patience multiple amounts of time but he's never even tried to hurt me." I sat back down into my chair, leaning against it now. "Take my word for it, Gaara will only help the village, not harm it."