Part 46

I rested my head on his chest as he absentmindedly ran his hand through my hair; my body feeling completely worn out but beyond satisfied.

"I'm so tired." I weakly laughed, running my hand lightly over his stomach.

"You should be," he chuckled, "Tomorrow's gonna hurt like hell for you."

I laughed, throwing my hand over my face, "Oh my god."

He pulled my hand down, placing it back on his chest before tilting my head up, leaving slow kisses on my lips.

I smiled as he pulled away, "You know, sometimes, you're not a complete asshole."

He chuckled, "Yeah well, don't tell anyone, darling."

I nodded, continuing to run my fingers over his chest, trying to build up the courage to say something complete off subject.

"So.." I sighed, biting my lip, "It really was my fault this morning-- with Joey; I should have been up earlier and-"

"Really?" Negan scoffed, "Why do you always have to do this shit?"

"Because this is the only time you'll ever listen to me!" I plea, "I just- I feel bad that he got the blame.. he's a good guy, Negan."

"And he fucking knows better so end of discussion, Elizabeth." He said bluntly, his body now tense from the small argument.

I sighed, running my hand over his torso again, hoping to calm him down a bit.

"Why do you call me Elizabeth?" I asked quietly, watching my finger make patterns over his chest.

"It's your name, isn't it?" He answered sarcastically, annoyance still in his voice.

"Well yeah, but I go by Liz- everyone calls me Liz."

"I'm not everyone am I?"

"That's not what I'm saying-"

He sighed, "I call you Elizabeth out of respect; it's your given name, not some random nickname." He explained, "I respect you for all the shit you've put me though.. hell, if I didn't, you wouldn't be here right now."

"Yeah, you don't have to remind me of that again." I sighed, tired of being reminded of the power Negan had over me and everyone else.

"I'm being serious," he said, running his hand through my hair again, "I've told you this before-- you're a fighter and you belong here; you're proving that more and more everyday."

I sighed, shaking my head, "I don't want to be."

He shook his head in annoyance, immediately getting out of bed, leaving me alone and confused as he got redressed.

"Negan," I sighed again, pulling the covers closer to my body, "I don't want to hurt people anymore.. that's all that happens here."

"Well tough shit, darling." He chuckled, pulling on a black t-shirt before grabbing his jacket and Lucille, "I'll send Fat Joey back over here to watch you so you don't start fucking wandering around again."

I nodded, upset with how this all ended.

"And be dressed before he gets here if you want him to see another day." He threatened, loudly closing the door behind himself.

***

I soon heard a knock on the door and opened it to see the familiar face I'd been waiting for; Joey.

"Hey," I smiled weakly, leaning on the door, "Are you ok?"

He nodded, "I was gonna ask you the same thing."

"Uh yeah, I'm fine.. why?" I asked confused, walking into the hall and closing the door behind me.

"Negan.. he just- he didn't look too happy when he came back out, that's all." He shrugged.

I sighed, shaking my head, "We had a bit of an argument.."

"About?"

"Me, I guess." I laughed, "It doesn't matter though, I just want some food."

He nodded, chuckling a bit, "Then lets go get some."

_____
Hope you guys have been enjoying these chapters; your feedback is always so fun to read.

Sooner or later this fanfic will have to come to an end, but I'm thinking about writing another focusing on how Liz got into Ricks group and her relationship with Daryl, so basically a Daryl fanfic. Would you guys be interested in that?

I'm sure there will also be a part 2 to For The Ones I Love, so don't worry about that lmao