Part 37

Negan drug me out the doors, despite my protests, out to where a large group of his people gathered; his men and workers all stood in a large circle, Rod in the middle on his knees.
As we made our way through the crowd, I watched as Dwight pushed Daryl up to the front, meeting right where Negan and I ended up.

Negan released his grip, walking to where Rod kneeled, "I thought I made myself very fucking clear the first time I told all of you to stay away from our new guest, but apparently, I was mistaken!" Negan yelled over the gathering crowd of people, "So now, someone's gotta pay!"

The crowd stayed fairly silent, nodding their head in agreement as their leader spoke; surely afraid that if they protested, they'd be next.

Negan then looked at me, running his bottom lip between his teeth as an evil smile appeared on his face.
My heart nearly stopped when he suddenly held Lucille out to me, "Take her." He said lowly.

I immediately shook my head, not wanting to touch the weapon that took the life of my friend and countless other people.

"Oh, my bad!" Negan chuckled, reaching behind himself before holding out a hand gun, "I'm guessing this is more your speed, right?"

I stayed silent not wanting to take it, but to only stare at the familiar gun, noticing that it was one from Alexandria. My fear filled mind raced with confusion as I tried to figure out why one of our guns was here before I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts.

"Take it." Negan threatened again through gritted teeth, his voice laced with anger and impatience.

I swallowed harshly, my shaky hands taking the gun out of his before he walked over to my side, placing his hand on the small of my back.

"Now darling, you can shoot him anywhere you'd like, except the head," he explained as he pushed my arm up, forcing me to point the gun at Rod, "Because I want his sorry ass to serve as a constant reminder to everyone here!"

My eyes began to tear up as I looked at the broken man kneeled in front of me. I didn't know anything about him, other than his name, and yeah he was an asshole, but that doesn't mean that he has to die.

"Come on, anytime now!" Negan yelled impatiently.

I shook my head as tears began falling down my cheeks, "I can't- please! He doesn't need to die, it- it was my fault!"

"Really?" Negan scoffed, "You want to defend this shithead after what he said to you?"

"He doesn't need to die, Negan!" I repeated myself, "Maybe he can just-"

"Dwight, put Daryl on the ground." Negan ordered, interrupting me and causing panic to course through my body as Dwight pushed Daryl to his knees, a few feet away from Rod.

Negan began swinging Lucille around, getting dangerously close to Daryl's head, "Last chance, Elizabeth!"

My shaky hands fumbled with the gun as I was forced to make a decision before it was too late.

"Five!" Negan called out, continuing to swing Lucille, "Four!"

I had killed people before, it wasn't a secret, but never when they were staring directly at me; defenseless. I killed people in self defense and I even helped with getting rid of the men at Negan's outpost, but this was completely different. I'd never been put in a situation like this before, and I knew that it would change me forever.

"Three!" He yelled louder, and with that, tears pouring down my face, I pulled the trigger.