Part 40

"Liz? Hey, Liz?" I heard lightly as my body was being rocked around.

I slowly lifted my head, rubbing at my eyes, "Mhm?"

"Liz!" They said louder, causing my eyes to widen in confusion, focusing on the person in front of me.

"Oh my- I'm sorry, I just-"

"Don't worry," Joey laughed, "You just didn't answer the door so I came in; there's inventory to do."

"Oh yeah um," I quickly sat up and looked around the room, "Do you know where Negan is?"

Joey gave me a confused look before shaking his head, "Did everything go ok last night?"

I nodded slightly before standing up and getting some clean clothes, "I guess, he just- he left at some point and I don't think he came back."

"Well," Joey shrugged, walking towards the bedroom door, "He gets really busy a lot. I can probably ask Dwight if he's seen him if you want-"

"No- um, no thank you," I sighed, "I don't want to have anything to do with Dwight anymore."

***

Joey, myself, and another guy, named Will, stood by as Negan's men started unloading trucks filled with food and supplies.

I winced as I saw them carry in multiple slaughtered pigs; catching the attention of one of the guys.

"What're you making that face for, honey? Don't wanna eat it?" He scoffed, obviously not caring about what happened yesterday.

I swallowed harshly, "Just not used to seeing that."

He nodded, "Just used to seeing dead people, huh?" A smirk appearing on his face, "Or maybe you like that."

I sighed, desperately wanting to say something snarky back, but biting my tongue; not wanting a repeat of yesterday.

The man laughed, getting the attention of some of the other men who were still unloading supplies, "Looks like Negan's finally putting some work into this bitch!"

"Took long enough!" Another man yelled as the rest joined in laughing.

I sighed again, holding a blank stare with the wall in front of me until the man gave up on the harassment and continued to load in supplies.

***

"I'm sorry about that, Liz," Joey began as we walked into the supply room, the group of men finally gone, "I would have said something but-"

"It's fine, Joey," I said, giving him a small smile, "I rather none of us get in trouble for some douche bag guy."

I didn't blame Joey or Will for not stepping in and saying something; this place is filled will crazy, messed up people.

"Why don't you say something about it?" Will chimed in as we all continued going through the new food and supplies.

"To who?" I laughed, "My mouth is what got me in trouble last time; I don't want to go through that again."

"No, that's not what I mean," he shook his head, "Tell Negan. If he's as protective of you as he's been putting on, then your problem will be solved real fast."

I slowly ran my bottom lip between my teeth, contemplating what this near total stranger was telling me, "I guess.. but I- I just don't want to be responsible for another death."

He scoffed, "Then don't complain."

***

Joey and I walked back to Negan's room as the day was ending, "Are you sick of me yet?" I joked.

"Ehh," he played along, "Not yet, but I'm sure it'll happen soon."

"Rude!" I laughed, nudging into him.

"I'm kidding!" He nudged back, "It's actually nice to be working with someone who isn't constantly angry at the world; even though you have the total right to be with everything.. you know."

I nodded, smiling a bit, "You're pretty cool to work with, too.. I guess."

"You guess?" He scoffed, lightly pushing my shoulder.

"Kidding!" I laughed, "But like honestly, you're making this hell hole a little more bearable."

He smiled, "Right back at you."

***

I laid comfortably on the bed in the dark room as my mind refused to stop racing; I still hadn't seen or heard anything from Negan since last night. I know he didn't like seeing the bruises on my arm, especially after being told that he was the one who left them. I just.. I couldn't stop thinking about him; almost worrying about him, which I know I shouldn't be, not after everything he's done.

As if on cue, the bedroom door loudly flew open before being slammed close again; a tall dark figure standing in front of it.

_____
What do you thinks gonna happen?

Also, super glad you guys have been loving this fanfic! All your feedback has been amazing and I look forward to reading it throughout the day, so thank you!