Part 8

He slammed the door behind himself, leaving me to my thoughts.. my terrible, messed up thoughts.
I was sick of crying but at this point, I had so much to cry about that I couldn't hold it in.
My family.
Abraham.
Daryl.
Negan.. that monster.

Why was I having these thoughts about him? He killed Abraham and took me away from the people I love the most and here I am.. wanting to get closer to him.
My tears fell harder as I thought about Daryl; someone who I actually wanted to spend the rest of my time on this planet with.
If I cared about Daryl as much as I thought I did, then why is my head constantly filled with Negan now?

I can't keep thinking about all of this, it's going to drive me crazy.
I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself before slipping back under the thin sheet on the bed and closing my eyes. I had no idea what time it was, but I didn't care, I just wanted to forget about everything.

***

My body jerked as I heard more yelling, waking me from my sleep. It seems like this place is just filled with violence and hatred.. it's nothing like Alexandria.

I let out a sigh, not wanting to listen to what they were all arguing about, but that quickly changed when I heard a distinct voice; Negan.

My curiously got the best of me and I walked over to the window, standing close but making sure I didn't disrupt the sheet and draw any attention to myself.

"You don't scare easy, do you?" Negan said, "I like that."
Silence.
He laughed, "But what I really want to know, is why you're out sneaking around, Daryl?"

My eyes widened and my heart rate quickened at the sound of Daryl's name. He couldn't be out there.. he couldn't be the reason all of this yelling is going on.

My body acted before my brain could and I quickly shoved the sheet out of the way, staring out the window at the group of men surrounding Daryl and Negan.

Negan's eyes immediately spotted me, a wicked smile appearing on his face, "Looks like we got an audience!"
Daryl peered over to me, leaving me feeling absolutely helpless. He looked so tired and drained.. all I wanted to do was help him.

"Maybe we should give her a show, what do you say Daryl?" Negan asked tauntingly to an unresponsive Daryl.

I couldn't take it anymore, "Leave him alone, Negan!" I yelled from behind the barred window.

He laughed in response, "Now you know I can't do that, sweetheart."

"Get 'way from the window, Liz!" Daryl yelled, trying to prepare for whatever Negan was threatening, "Get her 'way from the window!"

Tears began to flow as I was facing some sort of inner battle with myself; not knowing whether or not to listen to Daryl.

"Oh no you don't!" Negan chuckled, pointing Lucille in my direction, "Don't you move from that spot, Elizabeth! I want you to see what happens when you don't listen!"

As Negan raised up Lucille, I yelled again, "Negan, stop! Please, I'll do anything!"
And with that, he stopped mid swing, chuckling and dropping Lucille to his side.

"Looky there, Daryl. Looks like your little fuck buddy just saved your life again!" Negan laughed as he turned and walked away from the group, in my direction.

"Don't ya fuckin' touch her!" Daryl yelled, lunging for Negan but was quickly stopped by the large group of men.

"Finish him up boys, I have some business I need to take care of." Negan smirked, throwing Lucille over his shoulder and continuing my way.

I watched as Daryl tried to fight off the several men attacking him, but I soon quickly walked away from the window, placing my hands over my ears trying to drown out all of the noise. I didn't want to see what was happening and I know he didn't want me to either.

_________
Author: I really hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I'd love to hear your opinions and answer any questions if you have any.