You're Not The Only One Sneaking Through My Window

CHAPTER EIGHT

BECCAS POV

Finally gym was done and over along with the school day. I had spent the whole period walking around the track by myself listening to my concealed iPod while Hayden walked with Carrie, talking to her the whole time. I don't know why, but it gave me an uneasy feeling how all of my friends, including Aaron, have warmed up so fast to her after just knowing her for not even a full day. I shrugged the feeling off though. My friends were just really friendly, and were just helping out the new girl just like I had.

Sitting on the curb in front of the school, I was waiting until my friends made their way towards me. I stood up once I saw Chloe and Hayden coming in my direction and smiled once we made eye contact.

"Hey chicka!" Chloe said happily, probably from the day being over with and the fact that we're going to her favorite place ever, which is the mall.

"Hey. So how are we doing this?" I asked talking about the car situation.

Chloe and Aaron usually drove together using Chloe's moms car, but today they wanted to ride in Haydens new car.

"Well, I guess Hayden offered to come when he talked to Carrie earlier so we'll just head over there in his car. She already told him it would be cool if she left her car here and pick it up later." Chloe explained as the rest of our group joined us.

"Oh, well that's cool. Anyone else want to join us?" I asked looking around at everyone.

"Sure, I'll go." Aaron said speaking up.

"Me too." Patrick said immediately after while putting an arm around my waist.

I nodded then looked at James. "You wanna come to? Please say yes!" I begged to him.

He rolled his eyes at my dramatics, and give in. "Fine. I have nothing better to do anyways."

"There's the new girl!" Hayden exclaimed as she walked up to us.

"Hey guys." She said nervously as she tucked her hair behind her right ear.

We all exchanged hellos, and walked in the direction of our cars. Since Patrick was going I decided to ride with him so there would be more room in Haydens car. James was going to join us so everything was situated.

"You all want to stop at my house real quick? I have to go pick up some money then we could go." I asked before everyone went into the cars.

They all nodded and we exited the parking lot soon after. The car ride was quiet besides the blaring music coming from James' headphones, but I didn't mind. Ever since we were little he had always loved his music too loud which had rubbed off on me. Before I knew it we were pulling into the driveway of my house and I jumped out of the car to go open the front door for everyone.

Before I pulled out my key I tried the door knob hoping Mason had left the door unlocked, but as usual he didn't. I saw him walk by the side windows of the door and I hit my fist on it trying to get his attention. He looked over and his eyes narrowed at me. I pointed to the door, signalling for him to unlock it, but he just shrugged then walked off.

"You're a fucking asshole Mason!" I yelled as I dug around my bag for my keys.

"What's going on?" I heard James ask behind me.

"My stupid brother won't unlock the door for me even though he saw me here." I answered frustrated.

I finally found my house key and jammed it into the lock. Pushing the door with too much force, it accidentally slammed into the wall and made a hole the size of a baseball.