Awkward Silences Are The Best

Please vote, and comment. I'm dying for some feedback on this story!!!

Picture of Patrick on the side.

Enjoy.

CHAPTER FOUR

BECCAS POV

"Why did I want to come back to school so bad?" I asked James as we left first period.

"I have no fucking idea. I just want to graduate and leave high school." He said slinging his arm over my shoulder. "Did that new girl seem kind of odd when you talked to her? Aaron and I totally picked up on the crazy vibe."

I rolled my eyes, and looked up at him. "No. Like Chloe said, she's probably just shy because she doesn't know anyone. Seriously James, you need to lay off of those damn mystery shows.They're making you paranoid."

I thought back to the brief conversation I had with the new girl, Carrie. She did seem really nervous talking to me, but like I told James, it might just be because she's knew. I would be too if I were her. A lot of the people that went to our high school went to school together when we were younger, and to come half way through the year must be a little shitty. It got me wondering why she came here so late in the year too.

"Carrie." She said smiling while shaking my hand.

I released her hand, but she didn't let go until a couple of seconds after. I cleared my throat as she stared at me expectantly. "So, um, how are you liking South West High so far?"

She blinked a couple of times not taking her eyes off of me then finally replied. "Certainly the biggest school I've been to." She said as her eyes soften from the intense stare. "Everyone here is so rude, well except for you. You actually talked to me."

I laughed nervously, and turned to look at James who just shrugged. "Yeah, some of them could be like that if they don't know you. Give it a week or so. I'm sure they'll warm up to you."

"I suppose. Hopefully I'll meet someone who could show me around town. My mom and  Ijust moved here so I don't know where anything is." She said looking down at her hands.

I felt bad for her so without thinking I offered to help her out. "Well if you'd like, my friends and I could get you familiar with the area. No biggy."

After I said that James and Aaron went into a coughing fit. I turned to look at them with confused eyes, and when I looked over they were shaking theirs head vigorously. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Carrie who was glaring at the two boys. She looked up at me when she noticed I was looking at her, and smiled.

"Boys." She laughed rolling her eyes.

I shot a hard look at my friends, but they were looking around the room whistling as if they weren't paying attention to our exchange. Assholes.

"I know what you mean. They could be so immature sometimes." I said raising my voice so they could hear me. "Anyways, I'd love to help you out. I know starting a new school must suck, so whatever you need just ask."

She slightly smiled back then replied. "Thanks. That'd be cool. Maybe we could exchange numbers?" She asked already taking her phone out from her jacket front pocket.

"Um sure." I said turning to grabb mine from my bag.

We exchanged numbers then the teacher walked in preventing us from talking further. I looked over at James and Aaron, and what they were doing sent me into a fit of giggle. James was holding his finger out pointing to his head and spinning it around while sticking out his tongue, and Aaron had his hands in front of his face moving them back and forth while shifty his eyes left to right making him look like a coo coo clock.