Chapter 4: Let's get to know you.

Song for the chapter: "Everything has changed" - by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran.

***************

The sun was far too bright. And it was hurting her eyes. Vanessa moaned into her soft pillow and buried her head and body further into the blankets and mattress. She sighed when she found a comfortable spot, loving that for the first time in years, she was able to sleep in without AJ bouncing in at dawn. Her eyes were still closed and she prayed it stayed that way for a little more before she knew she'd have to get up and make breakfast for her son. Usually Vanessa never slept in but, this morning was one of those rare times when her bed was far more comfortable than usual.

Something moaned loudly from beside her and it had her stiffening instantly. She calmed down quickly when her mind told her it was AJ next to her, seeking morning cuddles from his mom. She relaxed her arms and cuddled further into the pillow.

Something moaned again but this time, it was deeper and far too rough to be her sweet son's morning voice. Vanessa jumped up from her sleeping position and stared widely at the exposed pale back that faced her; her face instantly matching the color of the body she was staring at.

Her hands flew to her wild hair as she held her dizzying head in place. She was shaking with fear, hoping she hadn't got drunk the night before and brought a strange man home. She shut her eyes quickly and then opened them again as she took a more careful look around her. She was in a hotel room, a honeymoon suite to be exact. It was all coming back to her, all the memories.

She groaned and fell back into the bed with her head facing the ceiling. For a moment there, she had forgotten about marrying Jonah. If only it had all been a messed up dream rather than a reality. Rolling her eyes, Vanessa rolled in bed until she was on her left, facing the back of Jonah again. She smirked. Despite all her grumbling about his looks last night, Jonah had a really nice back. He had strong muscles that were sharp enough to define his shoulder blades and his spine. The blanket he had covering him rest only on his waist which allowed Vanessa a moment to see the strong muscles of his back dip just above his bum.

It was hard to believe that the sexy back she was practically salivating over belonged to the same shy and awkward redhead she married the day before.

"What are you doing?" Vanessa squealed before ducking under the blankets. She had just been caught ogling her husbands' back. She was so embaressed.

"Nothing," Vanessa answered from under the blankets, hoping that Jonah hadn't seen what she'd been doing. His answering chuckle meant he knew exactly what she'd been doing. She groaned. "Stop laughing," she whined.

He laughed harder and she automatically smiled. He just had one of those laughs that were so carefree and honest that you couldn't help but smile simply out of enjoying them laugh. "Hey," he suddenly whispered, his hands resting on the edge of her blanket. "Look at me. I won't laugh."

"Promise."

"Promise. Now open up and let me see your eyes." She took a deep breath in before carefully pulling the material away from her face. She kept her eyes closed, afraid to see Jonah's face. He gave a soft breathy laugh when he saw her closed eyes. "Open up those beauties for me. I want to see them."

Slowly, Vanessa pulled open her eyes, immediately being struck with Jonah's vibrant green ones. His red hair was shaggy and uncontrolled as it stood up in places on his head. His eyes were wide and filled with humor while his smile was the biggest she'd ever seen. She smiled back at him.

"There they are," he whispered from his position above her.

"There what are?" She asked, slightly breathless. This was a weird position to be in with a stranger but, with Jonah, it somehow felt normal to her.