Chapter 5: Where's your faith?

Song for the chapter: "Trust nobody" - by Cashmere Cat Ft. Selena Gomez and Tory Lanez.

**************

There was nothing exciting about their flight and it had Vanessa wondering if it was a sign of what was to come on her honeymoon. Jonah had been silent the entire ride from their hotel to the airport, and still on their flight to Hawaii. At first she had found his controlled tongue to be an appreciative change from her usual type of men, but now it was annoying her.

She did not want to be married to a mute.

"We're here," Jonah informed her quietly from his seat in the drivers' side of the car they had rented. She hadn't even realized they'd reached their destination, she was too busy sulking in her seat and mulling over how much she did not want to be there. She was missing AJ but above all, she was nervous about being alone with Jonah.

Vanessa snorted. "He talks," she drawled sarcastically.

Jonah looked at her perplexed. "What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes in annoyance and pushed the car door open when they finally came to a stop. "Never mind." She climbed out of the car and walked towards the trunk, opening it up and looking at their luggage. She cringed when she realized she had packed four large bags whereas Jonah had brought with him one large bag and a small carry-on. Hopefully Jonah wasn't one to care about women who had large closets because Vanessa loved fashion and she was not willing to compromise on her passion.

"Let me take that for you." Jonah came up from behind her, bending down to reach for the largest bag she was about to pick up.

"Thank you," she told him. He stood up, holding her bag with ease and gave her a genuine smile. She smiled in return, enjoying seeing him smile. Vanessa bent down to retrieve the last of her bags that Jonah wasn't able to carry and followed Jonah towards the entrance of the resort.

They walked in silence towards the entrance. Vanessa watched Jonah walk with a surprising confidence which seemed out of character for the man she had met almost two days before. It was early morning in Hawaii, their flight having only landed at eleven that evening. Vanessa was tired and after having to spend over ten hours on a plane seated next to a silent husband, she wanted nothing more than to fall on a soft mattress and sleep.

Stopping in front of the resort doors, Vanessa turned around to admire her view. She had to hand it to the contest admin group for giving them a stunning venue to spend their honeymoon in. They were right on the waters' edge with both the mountain and the sea as their backdrop to a romantic setting.

"Vanessa," she turned around at the sound of her name and looked to see Jonah waiting for her at the brass doors.

"Have you seen this view?" She asked him, turning back around to face the ocean view that was being highlighted by the white rays of the moon.

Jonah sighed from where he stood, "I'm tired Vanessa, can we admire the view later?"

He sounded tired. "I'm tired too Jonah but, we can't pass up this experience. It's just a few seconds."

He sighed again but to Vanessa's delight, walked towards where she stood near the mountain edge. When he was alongside of her, he turned to face the same view Vanessa stood facing. They were silent but for the first time since they'd left New York, the silence was comfortable rather than stifling.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Vanessa asked Jonah.

He hummed in agreement, "It is. I can't believe we get to see this view for the next week."