Chapter 3: Just say hello.

Song for the chapter: "Sway"- By Michael Buble.

A/N: Wow... over 500 views already. You guys are amazing!

*************

In silence the new couple walked towards the large dinner table where an assortment of food was available for their picking. They each grabbed a round, white plate and began their slow walk down the buffet line. Vanessa looked at her options and was happy to see a tasty variety available. The green salad looked dry so she moved on towards a pasta salad that looked far too good to ignore. There were mashed potatoes and other deep fried food along with some roasted meat that had her salivating in an unladylike manner. Smiling at the tasty options before her, Vanessa decided that today would be her cheat day of her very unsuccessful diet.

"There's so much food," Jonah commented quietly from beside her. She jumped slightly, forgetting that Jonah was there. She looked next to her at his plate and was happy to see that his too was filled. She loved her brother but, if Jonah had turned out to be as afraid of food as Nick, Vanessa wasn't sure she'd have the same patience as Annabelle when it came to handling his nonexistent and picky appetite.

Vanessa smiled at Jonah, "There is. Eden did a nice job. The venue looks great and the food is delicious. I don't think I could have planned a better wedding for myself."

Jonah nodded and looked around the venue. "It is beautiful. I never thought I'd like the whole elegant and sophisticated look but I think I'm starting too."

Vanessa laughed before moving away from the dinner table once her plate was full. She looked towards Jonah and waited for him to join her. It wasn't long before Jonah was awkwardly standing beside her. Together they moved towards their table which was sickeningly shaped as a heart and only had space for the two of them. They found their seat and began eating their meals in silence, except for the occasional moan they would release because of how good the food was.

After some time had passed, their plates were empty and one of the few hotel staff walking around came to collect them. The couple looked out to the party and noticed how their wedding guests were all smiling and enjoying the free party. Music played in the distance but no one stood enjoying it on the dance floor. Vanessa frowned and wondered why despite all the talking and smiles, no one was dancing and truly enjoying the party.

Before Vanessa could ask Jonah about the dancing, a man with a large camera stood in front of them. "How about a picture of the happy couple?" He asked, pointing the lens of the camera towards Jonah and Vanessa expectantly.

Vanessa smiled towards the camera and so did Jonah; however, the man never took the picture. "Um, maybe lean in towards one another." He suggested.

Jonah's eyes widened before he started shuffling on his seat nervously. He looked towards Vanessa for assurance who in turn shrugged her shoulders. She wanted to see what he'd do. Jonah gulped before moving to the far left of his seat, he lifted his arm and gently pulled Vanessa into the crook of his left arm, her head resting casually on his shoulder. They smiled and the man behind the camera grinned while clicking the button that allowed a flash to brighten their surroundings. "Beautiful couple," he praised before moving away quickly.

Once the cameraman had left, Vanessa pulled out of Jonah's embrace and fiddled with her hands on her lap. Jonah took in a loud breath of air and was about to say something when a voice coming from the speakers interrupted him. "Ladies and gentlemen, will you help me in welcoming Mr and Mrs Peterson to the dance floor as they share in their first dance as husband and wife."

Vanessa's eyes widened in surprise and she shot her head towards Jonah. Jonah's eyes were equally as wide and he was visibly shaking. Their guests were looking at them expectantly and Jonah had to quickly swallow his nerves. He stood up out of his seat, extended his hand towards Vanessa and allowed her hand to rest in his. He squeezed her hand before pulling her towards the dance floor.