Chapter 14

We were only minutes away from the farm and for the past 30 minutes, all I've seen is corn fields, cows,and horses. We had stopped at the mall and I had gotten some new clothes. Mary is a sweet lady and Bobby is sweet too. I don't know why Brett ever left his parents.

"Getrude. Look."

I turned to him and he pointed out the window. There was the farm. It was like something you see out of a movie. Big white Victorian house, a red barn, hay stacks, corn fields, cows roaming around, wooden fences, farm equipment, a big tree in the front yard, a wrap around porch...i loved it. We pulled onto the dirt driveway and got out. The house was big...the entire farm was big! Brett wrapped his arms around me from behind and held me close.

"It's feels so good to be home. It feels better to be home with you."

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss.

"Ok you two. That's enough kissing. Gertrude, I can't wait to show you around the house. And Brett, what are the sleeping arrangements?". Mary asked.

"Ummm...I think that's up to Gertrude. We can sleep in the same room, same bed...or same room different beds...or two different rooms."

"Well, what do you want?" I asked, unable to decide.

He shrugged. "Whatever you want."

Ugh! I hate it when guys say that! I thought for a minute. "Same room, same bed."

He grinned from ear to ear. "I was hoping you'd say that."

I rolled my eyes at him and then followed Mary inside. Brett stayed outside and talked with Bobby. Mary led me inside and started showing me around. We started downstairs. In the front right corner of the house was the living room, the front left corner of the house was the dining room. Next to the outer dining room wall was cherrywood stairs. After the stairs, towards the back of the house was a door that led to the basement and then the kitchen. All the rooms on this floor connected to eachother and it was all very country styled. Flowers, green, white, blue...typical colors. It was cute. Then we went upstairs to the second floor. She showed me her and Bobby's room which was the master bedroom, then the guest rooms, then the bathrooms.

"Your house feels so cozy, Mary." I complimented.

"Thank you. And I thought I told you to call me mom."

"Right. Sorry...Mom."

She smiled at me and patted my back. "Come on. Next is yours and Brett's room."

She opened a door that revealed another staircase. Brett's room is in the attic? Strange. We walked up the creaky staircase and arrived at the top. The room room was triangular because of the room closing down on both sides. Brett's room was huge...probably because it was the attic which covers over the entire house. The bed, which had Spiderman blankets and sheets...hes never gonna hear the end of that...., was over by the arched window over looking the front yard. Then there was a tv in front of the bed, a closet, a dresser, a bookcase full of video games with only one shelf with actual books, a rug, a table lamp, and a couch beside the window overlooking the backyard. So...typical guy room.

"This is just what I would've expected...you know...except for the spiderman bed set up."

"Oh Brett was obsessed with Spiderman. His entire room used to be full of Soiderman action figures. Even the walls were painted red and blue. " she chuckled, reminiscing about the past. "He loved spiderman up until his senior year of high school. Then he put almost everything involving spiderman down in the basement. He also painted the walls all blue. Those bed sheets were the only things he kept up here that had spiderman on them. I guess he was too embarrassed when his friends came over. But enough about that. We can girl up this room if you like. We can put up some curtains, add a woman's touch."