Chapter 18

I walked into study hall and just like at Whitefield Academy, no one was there yet. The bell was going to ring in three minutes so I suspect people will pile in when there 5 seconds left. I took a seat in the front near the door. The teacher didn't notice I came in because he was busy doing something on the computer. I think he was entering grades into the system. But I can't tell for sure.

"Who are you, what grade are you in, and how is your first day of school?". I heard the teacher ask. Hm...I didn't think he saw me.

"Gertrude Goldsmith, I'm a junior...well...senior now, I guess, and it's going fine. How'd you know it was my first day?"

The teacher chuckled. "I know every single girl in this school, but I don't know you. It was either you were new here or you're a lesbian."

"Excuse me?"

The teacher got up and walked over to me and kneeled next to my chair. "Every single girl in this school has a crush on me. I mean, look at me. I'm extremely good looking."

That's when I noticed his features. He looked really good. Built, brown eyes, brown hair, had that rugged look going for him...

"So you're new...you're not a lesbian are you?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm not."

A smirk appeared on his face. "Good. Well, I mean, I'm not against gay people or anything, I'm just saying its good youre not....uhh...I should stop talking."

I laughed.

"You're smart, aren't you? Yeah...you are. I can tell. You care more about school work than your looks.". He said, pointing to my glasses. "I find that attractive in a girl.". He placed a hand on my knee.

I started to get uncomfortable. "What did you say your name was?"

"I didn't. It's Andrew Haywood. You can call me Andrew. I don't allow girls I like to call me Mr. Haywood, if you know what I mean." he winked at me.

"No, I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, Mr. Haywood.". I replied, playing dumb.

"It's Andrew." he corrected me. "And I mean that I like you. I'm experienced, I'm older, I'm sexy...you can't say you don't find me attractive. I've been with every girl in this school, and you're not gonna break my streak. How about I keep you after school for a while so we can get to...know eachother."

I swatted his hand off my knee and stood up. "I have a boyfriend, Mr. Haywood."

He stood up and got closer to me. "So? He won't find out. And I bet I'm much better in bed than him."

"I'm not sleeping with you!"

"Why not? Give me one reason why."

"I...I...."

Then the bell rang, that god. Students started coming into the classroom and Mr. Haywood backed away from me, allowing me to return to my seat. And then the phone rang so he went to go answer it.

"Gertrude, the principal would like to see you in his office."

I nodded my head and stood up.

"Oh, and class, please make your way down to the auditorium for a surprise assembly. Gertrude! Before you go...". He wrote something down and walked over to me, handing me a slip of paper. "Detention after school. Now go."

I quickly ran away fom Mr. Haywood. He's as crazy as Spencer. I hate this school already. I walked into Brett's office, in tears. When he saw me, he immediately closed the door and gave me a big hug.

"Gertrude, are people teasing you? If they are, I can assure you I will suspend then."

I shook my head. I handed Brett the detention slip from Mr. Haywood. Brett looked it over.

"You're crying because have detention?"

"No. Mr. Haywood....he's just like Spencer, Brett. He told me he's been with every girl in the school and that he was going to be with me too. Brett, you have to do something.". I cried.

Anger struck across his face. "Gertrude, I'll do everything in my power to have him fired and thrown in jail. Until then, suspend him from his job and have an investigation started on this matter. But right now we have an assembly to attend.". He paused for a second. "I'm telling everyone about us."

My eyes practically popped out of my head. "WHAT?!"

"It's the best thing to do. People in this town, they love me. I'm sure they won't think anything of it. However, I know for a fact that the parents hate Mr. Haywood, so I have a feeling he's going to jail soon. "

"Why do they hate him?"

"Some of the fathers came to see me this morning. One reason was because they wanted to meet the new principal. Another reason was because they wanted to inform me about him. They suspect that Mr. Haywood has fathered a few of the students' children. They even showed me some pictures, and believe me, the children do look a lot like Mr. Haywood. But the girls won't say anything so the police couldn't investigate. But now that you have said that he came onto you, the police can finally start their investigation. Gertrude, the parents won't care that you're dating me because you just brought justice to the table...and because they all know and love me, but that's besides the fact. Trust me on this. It will all be fine. You'll see."

"I hope you're right, Brett. Are you sure you know what you're doing?"

"I'm sure about this. I'm as sure as I'm sure about loving you....if that makes sense." he chuckled.

It's my first day of school, and I'm already in for a ride...