Chapter 15 {Edited}

This part of the story was really hard to write.

It’s very personal I was going to skip it completely but I put it in anyway because this story is about my life as a teen mum and it just wouldn’t be the same.

____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 15

My girl is growing up so quickly; she’s now six months old. She looks more and more like her dad every single day. She has two bottom teeth now and my God I hate teething. I feel so helpless because she’s in so much pain.

The nights are getting worse because she’s not sleeping properly. After her bottle she’ll stay awake for a few hours before I can get her back to sleep. I can’t wait for her to get all her teeth. But what makes it really hard is that Garry hasn’t been around much to help. He’s either busy working or hanging with his mates.

“I’m getting sick of everything. She’s your daughter too. You have a responsibility to help look after her as well. I shouldn’t have to do everything. How long have you spent with her in the last few months Garry?  How many times have you had to get up and feed, change and settle her of a night?” I yelled at him on the phone one afternoon.

And his reply was, “I don’t live with you, so it’s not my problem.”

“Right, not your problem, well you’re forgetting a few things. You always used to stay here, so you were kind of living here. And secondly, she’s your daughter as well, so it is your problem,” I replied.

I was so pissed off after that phone call I hung up and threw a glass across the kitchen. How dare he say it’s not his problem? I haven’t told him to stay away. I ask him to stay all the time, but his reply is always, “I’m staying home tonight, or I’m going to Glen’s.”

It was the end of the week at school and I couldn’t wait to get out of there. I don’t seem to be learning anything because I either day dream about fighting with Garry or think about my little girl.

My last class was English. I don’t mind English, but we have a sub at the moment and all he had us do was watch a movie today. We were watching “10 Things I Hate About You” and I hated this movie.

I lay with my head on the desk while the movie was on. I just couldn’t be bothered trying to watch it. My phone started vibrating; I reached into my pocket and saw it was Garry. I unlocked the phone and the message said.

“I’ll walk home with you today babe. I want to spend time with my two beautiful girls.”

“Okay, meet me at the gates,” I replied.

Finally the bell rang. I walked to my locker and grabbed some of the books I needed.

Garry was waiting at the gate just like I asked him to, but like I suspected Glen was with him.  I can’t stand him, he’s annoying and does nothing but cause shit. I just know he’s going to get Garry into trouble one day.

“Hey babe,” he said as I walked up to him.

I just smiled and kept walking, hoping he’d get the hint I don’t want to be near Glen. When he realized I wasn’t going to stop walking he said bye to Glen and that he’d seem him later on.

“Wait up babe,” he yelled out.

“Sorry, I just want to get home and see Chloe,” I said when he caught up to me.

“Are you staying the whole night or do you plan on leaving again?” I asked him.

It took him a while to answer, but finally he said, “I’m staying the whole night babe, you can get some sleep and I’ll get up to Chloe.”