Chapter 19 {Edited}

Chapter 19

When I turned around I was shocked to see Garry was actually standing there holding Amy’s hand. My stomach started to turn and I felt sick. ‘I should just throw up all over her,’ I thought to myself.

“What do you want? And in the future never touch me again,” I spat at Garry.

“I just wanted to see my daughter.”

“Well guess what? We’re just leaving, so looks like you won’t be seeing her.” I said angrily. I turned away and started walking towards the exit of the shopping centre.

“You can’t do this Tina, she’s my daughter as well,” he said loudly.

“Well when you sleep with one of my best friends and nearly the whole school I can do whatever I please. And you won’t be seeing Chloe. She is my daughter,” I replied.

“As for you Amy, I hope you’re happy with him because I learnt my lesson. Enjoy my left overs.” I continued to walk away and Amy didn’t reply. She just stood there with a stupid look on her face.

We arrived home and I took Chloe straight to bed. I went to my room and called Veronica. I needed to see her, I hate being alone. Why did they have to do this to me now? They are just rubbing it in my face. When I first started seeing Garry, Amy hated him. Now she can’t seem to get enough of him? I just can’t win. Wherever I go I will run into him.

V arrived thirty minutes after I called with a big tub of cookies and cream ice cream.

“This should cheer you up a little,” she said when I answered the door.

“Yummy, just what I need. I still have baby weight to lose you know, now you’re going to make me gain more weight,” I said laughing.

“Well you don’t need to eat it. I’m sure I could put a huge dent into it all by myself.” V replied.

“I don’t think so. I’m helping,” I said.

“So tell me what happened,” V asked me.

So I told her about the confrontation at the shopping centre with Garry and Amy. I still can’t believe the two of them are together. It probably won’t last long anyway.  He’s a player and always will be.

“That little whore. Just wait until I see her,” V said getting very angry. Seriously I could nearly see steam coming out of her ears.

“It’s alright V. I’m a big girl, if they want to be together that’s fine,” I said.

“How can you say that? He’s the father of your daughter.” She was still really pissed.

“Some things happened. I don’t really want to talk about them at the moment, but when I do you’ll be the first to know. I promise,” I said to her while looking down to the floor. Here I am lying to my friends, but got shitty when they didn’t tell me the truth.

The rest of the afternoon went quickly. Veronica spent most of the time with Chloe while I just sat there and watched them. By the time V had to leave it was after seven p.m.

“Ok girl, I’ll pop over tomorrow after school to see how your first day was,” V said as she kissed chloe and walked towards the door.

“Okay. I finish at twenty past three!” I yelled out as she opened the front door, just as my mum was walking through the door.

“Hi Veronica, bye Veronica,” mum said as she walked past V.

“What do you want for dinner honey?” Mum yelled from the kitchen.

“Nothing, I’m going to bed early. Today was very eventful and I need sleep.” I replied as I kissed Chloe on the head and walked up to my bedroom.

‘I feel like such a horrible person. I can’t even put my own daughter to bed,’ I thought to myself when I laid down on my bed.

I got up out of bed and walked back downstairs. My mum had just finished making Chloe’s bottle when I walked into the kitchen.

“I’ll take that,” I said as I grabbed the bottle off the counter and walked straight to the lounge room to get Chloe.

I picked her up and walked up to her room. We sat in the rocking chair while she drank her bottle. I didn’t even have to hold it anymore because she was such a big little girl.

While she drank her bottle I thought of all this things Garry will miss out on, but I promised myself I wouldn’t miss any of them. I’m her mum. I’m meant to see her grow and do all types of new things. I wasn’t going to sit around and think of all the horrible things; she’s only a baby and you can’t choose your parents.

While she drank her bottle and slowly started to drift off to sleep I softly sang ‘Angels to Watch over You.’

When you go to bed at night

And you turn off all your lights;

In the dark and out of sight,

There's angels to watch over you.

Later on when you've gone to sleep,

Take me off to the land of dreams;

Guarding you and your family,

Angels to watch over you.

God sends his angels to watch over you,

And give you love to see you through.

There's angels to watch over you.

And if far away from home

And you feel like you're on your own;

No need to worry, you're not alone,

There's angels to watch over you.

When it seems like no-one cares,

Just remember who hears your prayers;

Right beside you, they're always there,

Angels to watch over you.

God sends his angels to watch over you,

And give you love to see you through,

There's Angels to watch over you.

God sends his angels to watch over you,

And give you love to see you through,

Angels to watch over you.

Watching you.

The song was always one of my favourites.  Mum used to sing it to me all this time. Now it’s time for me to sing it to my little girl.