Chapter 8 {Edited}

this chapter was pretty hard to write because it brought back so many memorys, i couldnt help but cry so its not very long but i did try very hard to caputre the emotions i felt the day this happend even though it was 8 years ago this is one thing i can ever forget.........

Chapter 8

After hearing Garry say those words, I fell to the ground. I couldn’t see properly and all I heard was all the girls asking, “What’s wrong? What happened?”

“Tina, snap out of it! What’s going on? What did he say?” Kelly asked.

I was crying so much I couldn’t speak. It took me two minutes to answer her question. “Garry’s dad died,” I answered.

The room was silent. All that I could hear was myself sobbing. This can’t be happening. He’s not old enough to die. ‘I need to go find Garry. I need to see him now,’ I thought. I stood up and grabbed my bag and walked towards my door.

“Where are you going? What else did he say? What exactly happened?” Veronica asked.

“I don’t know. I need to go see Garry,” I replied during sobs.

The girls walked with me to Garry’s house, but there were so many cars out front they all decided to wait outside while I went in to find Garry.

The house was packed with people all crying and saying things will be okay. ‘How the hell do they know things will be okay,’ I thought to myself. People just kept looking at me as I walked through the house, but I couldn’t see Garry or his mum.

I walked up to Garry’s room and knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” I heard his mum ask.

“It’s Tina,” I replied.

The door opened and there she stood her face all blotchy and red from crying. I walked in and the tears started flowing again.

His mum hugged me and told me to calm down. I can’t stress too much because it will upset the baby.

“How am I meant to stay calm? Things like this don’t happen all the time,” I said to her.

“I know sweetie, I know,” was all she said.

She’d just lost her husband and here I am only worrying about myself. ‘Gosh I’m a terrible person,’ I thought.

“How are you doing?” I asked her.

“I don’t know. It’s still too hard to believe. Today was his fortieth birthday, and now he’s not here to celebrate. He’ll never get to meet his granddaughter; he was so excited to meet her, but now he won’t get that chance,” she answered me and broke down in tears. We were both crying like babies as Garry walked into the room.