Chapter 22

Chapter 22

The day was finally here. I had my date with Andy we were going to the beach So then we could take Chloe and have lunch. The sun was shining through my curtains so I slowly climbed out of bed and made my way to Chloe’s room. She was still asleep so I decided to jump in the shower.

I let the bathroom fill with steam before I stepped into the shower. I washed my hair with my mango shampoo and conditioner. I stood under the running water for at least twenty minutes before I decided I should get out. I dried myself and got dresses I decided to wear a yellow and white halter dress because it looked like it was going to be warm all day.

By the time I was dressed Chloe was awake and standing in her cot.

“Good morning beautiful girl” I said as I walked in.

“Mum, mum, mum” she babbled.

“Come on let’s get you bathed” I said more to myself then to Chloe.

I picked her up and walked back to the bathroom her clothes were already in here because I picked them out last night she was wearing a white and pink dress with a pretty pink flower headband.

I ran the bath while Chloe sat on my knee. It was the right temperature so I turned the bath off and placed Chloe on the change table.

“Gosh you’re getting to big to be up here” I said while I started blowing raspberry’s on her belly.

I undressed Chloe and placed her in the bath I slowly added some bubbles.

“Bubby” said Chloe.

“That’s enough don’t need no more” I said to her.

I knew she wanted more bubbles but there was already plenty. I sat on the edge of the bath. I should have got dressed after I bathed her I thought to myself I placed a towel over my lap to stop the water Chloe was splashing from getting me.

I washed her from head to toe and made her smell like roses.

“Come on munchkin time to get out. We’re going out soon. So make sure you be a good girl today for mummy” I said as I picked her up and wrapped her in the towel.

I laid another towel on the floor and placed Chloe on top of it and dried her. I put her nappy on and some baby powder. I love the smell of baby powder.

Once she was all dressed I picked her up and walked down stairs. I placed her in the high chair and made her some Weetabix.

“Now you’re going to be a good girl and eat your yum yum’s and not make a mess” I said as I sat in front of her with the bowl and spoon.

I slowly and carefully fed Chloe so none of it made its way onto her dress. Just as I was finishing up the doorbell rang.