Extras - Vision of the Past

"Mummy do you want me to chuck this away?" my seven year old son says, staring at me with his green eyes.

"What's that, Zach?" I say, smiling.

He pouts his bottom lip in concentration and then shrugs his shoulders. "I dont know, mummy...some drawing of a girl who kind of looks like...you!"

I walk over to him and smile as soon as I see it. With one glance, it brings back so many memories. The time when Matt broke up with me, the time when I fainted in and landed in a coma and the time when I woke up looking like my old self.

"Lucee! Come up and check this out!" I call out to Lucee who had come over to help me move houses.

I hear her rush up the stairs, the steps creaking as her foot lands on them. "What is it, Ala-, oh my goodness! I remember that!" she shouts, sliding on the floor and landing next to me. Lucee snatches the painting from my hands.

"So many memories..." I mutter.

"This is where it all started, isn't it, Lana?" she asked, a smile leering on her lips.

I nod, each memory coming back to me so vividly. "You know, even though it made me do a lot of things I regret, I'm glad I did do it. If I didn't, I don't think I'd be here today and I don't think I would've had you, Zachie." I say, hugging Zach and burying my nose in his soft golden hair.

"Mummy, look at this," he says, pointing to a plaque at the bottom of my painting.

"This painting represents the past. Without that past, there wouldn't be this present. Without that past, perhaps I wouldn't be standing here today, proud to be myself. Without that past, perhaps I would have a whole different personality altogether, or maybe I wouldn't exist. I've learnt that whatever comes my way, no matter how bad or how regretful it is, I've learnt to accept it. Because without that past, there would be no present. And without a present, there would be no future. Keep looking forward." Zach reads out.

A tear slides down my cheek and Zach wipes it away, a smile forming on his tiny lips.

"And in that future, there's me, Zach and you. We're a close-knitted family and we're living the happiest moments of our life."

I turn around and Sean hugs me with all his strength.

"And that's one thing that will never change," Sean finishes. He stares at me, stars seeming to be twinkling in his eyes. He stares at me, with the same eyes that I fell in love with.

"There's one more thing that will never change," I say, a smile so broad and bright, forming on my face.

"I will always love you."

Okay, oh my god, I haven't posted anything in forever but I just needed some Zach and Alana...I can't bear to part with Let Me Prove You Wrong just yet. My cheesiness never fails to make me tremble but oh well. Thank you to the old readers and the new readers of Let Me Prove You Wrong..we'll see if there's any other extras I can come up with :)