Chapter 13

GUYS, GET READY TO SQUIRM WITH JOY!

You'll love this chapter.

Because I sure do.

NOW GET ON WITH IT, IGNORE THIS MESSAGE AND READREADREAD.

"Sean? What..are you doing here?" I muttered nervously. I didn't want him to see me like this. All desperate and revenge-motivated. I stared into his glassy eyes but then looked away, my conscience barely holding on.

"You were flashing to the whole world..and well..I saved you from the perverted stares of the guys." he stated, shrugging.

He flicked back the hair that was covering his eye and smiled. "You look beautiful." he said, taking in what I was wearing.

"Thank you." I replied weakly.

He opened his mouth to say something but I interrupted him.

"Look, Sean, I'm sorry that I rejected you. I didn't want to..well..I really like you. And I'd do anything to get together with you but it's just not the time. And.." I exhaled tiredly.

Sean pulled me towards him and held his arms around me gently. I breathed in his scent of chocolate and then nuzzled my face into his hard chest. I wrapped my arms around him, tired of all the drama I'd been going through.

And for a moment, we were silent, but it wasn't one of those awkward silences. It was when no one was talking, but it didn't matter, because you were sharing something special together.

"Alana, it doesn't matter if we're not together now. I'll wait for you. If..you wait for me. No matter how long it takes, no matter what you do during that time we're not together, if I know that one day, you're going to run into my arms...well..that's enough to keep me happy." he said, smiling gently.

"Why?" I asked.

Why did such a great man have to love me? He could be a lot happier with someone whose life was a lot less problematic. I stared into his blue eyes, searching for an answer.

He smiled again.

"Because..I love you Alana."

------

I walked gallantly into the cafeteria once again, ignoring the hungry stares of hormone-raging teenage boys. I flicked my hair away from them in complete disgust. I spotted Janice who was flirting with the most popular guy in the year.

Ben Hawk.

Football captain, complete player, a guy who is a master at wrapping girls around his finger, and everything else you read in those typical romance stories of yours. He was just your cliché popular guy which you had in every typical school.

I used my finger to gesture for Janice to come over. She spotted me and then excused herself from Ben. Janice walked over, rolling her eyes.

"What is it, A? You're late. And you interrupted my chance with Ben. Do you know how hard it is to flirt with him without girls ripping out your hair?" she said, extremely annoyed at my interruption.

I smiled. "Janice, you haven't given me my target for today." I stated, ignoring the fumes spurting out from her ears.

"A, I don't think you've got the game in you to do this anymore. I bet you couldn't even get Ben Hawk to look at you even once." she muttered, glaring at me.

"Oh, Janice, why don't you sit back and let me prove your big fat ass wrong." I said, smiling fakely at her. (Oh, that line is getting old.)

She gasped. "My ass isn't fat or big! Is it? Oh Dray..is my ass big?" she said, turning to her at-the-moment boyfriend, looking as if she was in a huge dilemma.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head disapprovingly. I turned my head to Ben and smiled seductively. "Hey Ben...do you mind if I sit next to you?"

He glanced up and down at me and then flashed me a winner smile. "Sure, why not."

I sat down and crossed my legs. "So..Ben..why don't we hang out tomorrow?" I said, smirking.

"I think I'd like that." he said, smiling.

I got up from the chair and hugged Sean's leather jacket. "Tomorrow it is." I said.

"Ben Hawk." I whispered to myself.

I smiled.

"First victim."