Chapter 17

• Dedicated to Those who are insecure about themselves. Don't be.

This chapter has a simple message.

Not matter what you look like or who you are, you are beautiful.

So don't hate yourself. You are you. You deserve to be loved.

"You look gorgeous." Scarlett said, her eyes glittering.

I smiled gratefully at her. "Really?" I asked.

I wasn't sure about coming to school with my new haircut but if Scarlet said it was good, I felt a lot more confident about it.

-------

"No way.." I muttered to myself as I looked in the mirror.

Mark simply smiled at me. This new girl looked confident and..sexy. My hair was really short now. It was above my shoulders, even higher than the bottom of my head.

It didn't look neat and tidy but rather messy and stylish. It looked rough and choppy but it looked good. It outlined my face really well and complemented the features of my face. My eyes stood out and so did my lips.

"This is me..and I like it." I said, looking up at Mark with a giant smile on my face.

-------

 "That new look's really working for you. Who did it?" Janice said, passing by.

I gasped. Damn, even my arch-enemy was taking notice of me. This haircut really was a good decision. Soon enough, more than five girls were crowding around me and asking me about my hair.

I found out I had made myself a name. They called me 'The Avenger'. Probably from that Matt incident.

"Thank you." I said, beaming to the girls who had complimented my haircut.

They looked nice, unlike those prissy cheerleaders.

The bell rang and I rushed to class, not wanting to be late on my favourite class, art. I walked in silently and swiftly took my seat.

"Good morning class. I know most of you are still half-asleep and that we don't really have much to go on with. You guys are graduating soon and the art is being mounted in the art gallery so we don't have any major projects." Miss Nightingale said.

"So, I was thinking..you could go and polish off your basic-"

"Boo!" was the sound that erupted from most of the class.

Miss Nightingale laughed. "Let me finish. Or you do whatever you like. Paint, sketch, mould, draw with the tablets or perhaps make a structure. Anything you like but it has to incorporate skills we learnt throughout this course and it'll be marked for 30% of your report."

We all 'aww'ed at the last bit in disappointment. I chuckled and then propped up my canvas. I collected all my equipment. I was going to paint something that really made me happy lately. Something that I took pride in. Something that I loved.

Me.

I had spent years hating my chubby figure and guess what? It was time to take a break and love myself. This haircut hadn't only made me look better..it made me feel better. I now knew I wasn't the old me anymore. I was changed. Changed for the better.

I painted. Layers and layers of thick paint. Brush strokes. Long, thick, thin, short. I painted. I poured my heart and soul onto that once-blank canvas. And you could see it. I loved it. It was me. Just plain, old me. So simple yet so special.

Unlike my previous painting which had a sad meaning behind it, this was something happy. I was smiling. Grinning. I was beautiful. And I wasn't painting someone else. Not the old me. Not who I wished to be. This was me.

I guess this was the wake up call I was secretly waiting for. Something that told me that I didn't need to get revenge. Because everything happens for a reason. That I didn't need to handle things on my own. I wasn't alone.

I had Sean, Lucee, Mark and Scarlett.

I wasn't alone.

I..wasn't alone.

Oh yes, this story is ending soon. Hopefully in Chapter 20 with an epilogue of course. I stretched this story out too much and it doesn't flow very well but I decided it's time for one of my stories to actually be completed. :)