Chapter 18

After realisation dawned upon me, I knew the first person I had to find was Sean. It wasn't that hard, really. He was in the same room as me and actually was sitting right behind me. If it was something important, I wanted to tell the person I loved the most first.

"Psst, Sean." I whispered, poking his knee that was sticking out behind the canvas.

He heard me because he moved the canvas and grinned at me.

"What's up, Alana?" he said, shooting me a dashing smile.

I almost fainted.

"I think I'm going to give up this whole revenge thing. I think..I'm ready. Ready to be with you. Officially." I said, a blush finding its way to my cheeks.

I mean, it's embarrassing. He looked away and then smiled at me.

"So..I-uh..guess..me and you..together?" he said, looking away shyly.

A giggle escaped from my lips. I couldn't help it. There was no way you could've imagined that such a manly guy could actually be acting so innocent.

"That sounds about right." I said, beaming.

At that moment, the bell rang and that was the moment I began to execute my final plan. I wasn't going to mess with Lance anymore, nor was I going to act all slutty and flirt with all the boys in the school.

My next step was to find Janice and tell her the plan was over.

It wasn't hard at all. She was in my next class and the seating plan conveniently made her sit on the same table as me but on the other side of another person. But the hard part was..not getting noticed by the strictest teacher on campus, Mr Kreljoy; nicknamed Mr Killjoy.

I pulled out my stool and sat on it. I tapped my fingers on the desk while waiting for Janice to come in the classroom. And she finally did. She sat down in her assigned seat and she gave me a slight nod as a 'hello'. Luckily for me, neither the teacher nor the person sitting in between us had arrived yet.

"Psst..Janice. I'm not aiming to become Slut Queen Supreme anymore." I said, inwardly laughing at my clever use of words.

Janice chuckled, surprisingly. "I knew you weren't going to go all the way with this plan. You've already got someone you like, it's impossible for you to carry on without feeling guilty."

I nodded. She had guessed right but that was only half the reason.

"I'm also dropping out of the plan because I can't stand being all...evil. I'm not saying that what you're doing is evil. I'm just saying that my reasons for doing all this were all wrong."

"And why are you telling me this?" she said, glancing at me from the side.

I thought about it for a while. Out of all people, after Sean, I chose Janice. I could have chose Scarlet or maybe even give Lucee a ring, but I chose Janice. Why?

"Because..out of all this, I think you are my friend. Although you seemed cold and harsh towards me, you helped me. I used to think that you were just mean and cold-hearted..but that was only on the outside. On the inside, you are actually a really nice person."

"And how do you know this? How do you know I haven't been tricking you this whole time?" she said, her eyes demeaning and harsh.

I simply returned her cold stare with a warm smile.

"Because I trust you." I said.

Her expression faltered and then softened into a kind smile. "This is the first time..anyone has said that they believe in me or they trust me. Usually when people meet me, they only care about the outside. No one cares about finding out my personality. No one cares.."

"I do." I said, placing my hand on her shoulder. "And I'm sorry I broke my promise. I didn't destroy Leo like I said I would. I'm sorry."

She waved it off. "I don't really care about Leo anymore."

The rest of the class was a blur. I paid just enough attention to actually keep track of where we were going and what we were up to but I didn't absorb any of the information that was being said. The bell rang and soon enough, it was morning break.

I quickly flipped open my phone and dialed Lucee's number. I wanted to hear her thoughts on this matter before I actually took action.

"Lucee?"

"Yeah, it's me. Just finished class."

"I want to talk to you about something.."

"Shoot me."

"Well..about Lance..I told you that he's the one who crashed the car, right?"

"Yup, I read your email. So..what's the problem?"

"I..was wondering whether I should tell the police."

"Alana..I know you've been handling this using your own methods but I think that's not going to achieve anything. By flirting with other guys and making them fall in love with you..how is that going to make Lance's boat rock? I definitely support the idea of leaving it with the police."

"But...I have no evidence. Why would the police believe me?"

"Haha. Simple. It's quite hard to believe you were top of every class a few months ago."

"Oh shut up, you. I neglected my studies and I've been tuning out in every single class because this matter was on my mind every single minute of the day."

"Yeah, okay. Well..all it takes is your phone."

"Okay, get to the point."

"All you have to do is confront Lance, do something to him psychologically to make him spit out that he crashed the car and use your phone to record it all. With this voice recording, you can hand it over to the police as evidence. And when they interrogate him, they can compare the voices so they'll know that your evidence is the real deal."

"Oh my god, Lucee! That's genius!"

"Yup, just make sure he doesn't find out about the phone though. Hide it up your sleeve or somewhere he wouldn't dare search."

"In my bra?"

"Er..yeah. Spare me the details, please."

"Thanks Lucee! You've been a great help. Now I can finally get this weight lifted right off my shoulders."

"No problem-o! Call me if anything happens or if you need help! Keep me informed."

"Sure. See ya!"

"Bye!"

I hung up, confidence brimming within me. With the support and ingenious idea from my best friend, this dilemma was sure to be solved. I could finally relax without a burden chasing me around.

First off, let me apologise for not updating for so long. It was a case of typical writer's block. But I'm determined to finish this off in another 2 chapters and those will be released as quickly as I can write them. Don't forget that I also have school to attend and family matters too, so I'll try to upload the next chapter within a week.

Thanks :)