Chapter 7

HEY GUYS! It's been a while! Thank you so much for all the reads, votes and comments this story has received! I love you guys! <3

"Why..why are you leaving, Lucee?" I asked, juggling ideas in my head of why she was leaving.

She paused but then started talking in a sad voice.

"My parents died..It was this morning at 3am when their bodies were found. By then, there wasn't really anything that could have been done. It was too late. Curse that guy who crashed the car!" Lucee started sobbing uncontrollably.

I sat there, shocked at what I had just heard. "I can't believe it, that piece of shit! How did he just speed away without his conscience gnawing away at him? I hope they catch that asshole soon enough." I spitted, my words filled with rage and disgust.

"I know, I know. I just can't believe they died..just like that. One minute I was having fun with my parents at the restaurant, the next minute, I'm at my cousin's house pulling an all-nighter movie marathon and I receive a call saying my parents are dead!" she yelled between her sobs.

"Lucee, I'm here for you. Stay strong. Wait...why are you moving?" I asked.

"My grandparents flew over this morning and they've been discussing that I go back with them. I've haven't got any family here over in Sydney and I'm not old enough to live independently. I realised that I shouldn't be selfish and that I should just go back with them. It's better that I have company while I'm still dealing with the tragedy of the incident," she said.

"I understand. Good luck. Keep in touch?" I said hesitantly.

"Mmm..Alana, don't let Matt give you a hard time. He's sure to come and do something to you after you totally kicked his ass." Lucee said, giggling.

"Mhmm..stay strong! I'll miss you Lucee!" I said, not wanting to hang up.

"Yup! Thank you so much. I feel so much better now that I've talked to you. I've got to go now. Love ya." Lucee quickly hung up and left me sitting there, lost for words.

Lucee's words lingered in my mind.

'My parents died...'

Mr and Mrs Winters were the best parents anyone could ever ask for. They were friends with my own and much better than mine. At least they didn't dump their daughter alone in the house while they went travelling around the world and only came back for one second when I fainted and went into that coma. Argh.

Anyways, Mr and Mrs Winters were hilarious, lenient, understanding, were fun and you never ever had any awkward moments around them. I just couldn't accept that they had died...just like that.

----

I idly walked to my art class which was the only class I had today because of the art show. Pretty useless to have one class but the teachers warned us that they would be marking attendance and if they saw us at the art show and not at class, it would be instant death.

Yup, the school was really strict on attendance. You couldn't expect any less from a school with a principal that could eat you alive with just one look.

I would've walked past the art room, my thoughts consuming me by the second, if I hadn't woken up from my trance by bumping into something.

"Umm..sorry." I stared up into my obstacle's eyes.

They were deep jade green..just like Sean's.

"I guess you really were looking for someone to bump into, weren't you?"

Oh my god, it is Sean. He held out his hand and I gave him my hand which allowed him to help me up.

"Thanks. I never knew you went to this school." I said, smiling weakly.