Chapter 2

"Oh Lana, I'm so sorry. I can't believe that douche broke up with you like that. Man..why do I have to be so good looking?" Lucee half-joked.

I giggled half-heartedly. "It's fine! I'm over it. I'm over him. He's not even that good looking." I started flashbacking to the break up and suddenly I got jerked back to reality.

"Oh my gosh, do you know what he said to me?"I half yelled, excited.

"What did he say?" Lucee said eagerly.

"He said, and I quote, 'Who do you think I am? I'm Matt Henderson, enough said.' " I mocked.

I watched Lucee burst into laughter.

"Did he really say that? Because woah, someone has a big ego."

I laughed. It was fun being with my best friend. Lucee and I are stuck together with superglue, you could say. We've been together since we were babies. I expected her to leave me and go join the popular groups once we reached high school but she had stuck with me the whole time.

Lucee, you could say, looked like she belonged to the popular group. Why? She was absolutely gorgeous, confident, loud, hilarious, smart and had so many guys drooling at the sight of her. Literally. Well not like that hasn't happened to me before...

"EARTH TO LANA!"

Woah, big wake up call.

"Sorry Lucee, I was spacing out. What's up?"I said casually.

"The bell rang 10 minutes ago, that's what's up."she said jokingly.

"Are you serious? I'm surprised you didn't just ditch me."

"Yeah, I'm sorry to say I'm a much better friend than you think I am."

We made our way to our next class slowly and without a worry. Usually we'd be sprinting to the classroom as fast as we could but we had art this period and Miss Nightingale was such a darling so we didn't worry that much.

"Sorry for being late Miss Nightingale! Lana was spacing out and I didn't want to ditch her because I'm such a nice friend."

The teacher simply smiled and motioned us to sit down. The rest of the class were in the middle of sketching 'what they desire the most'.

"Oh god, what do I desire the most...hm..I guess for Lucee to get a boyfriend,"I muttered, just loud enough for Lucee to hear but not anyone else.

She glared at me and whispered, "What do you desire, not what you desire for your friend to have."

I thought for a while and decided to sketch a picture of me beautiful, sexy and confident. I got sucked into it so much that I started adding details and details that it looked so realistic that it could've been based on a real thing. Except...it was.

I felt the Miss Nightingale peer over my shoulder. "Oh my god Lana! This is a masterpiece, I must exhibit this in the art show next month. May I?"

I took a glance at my artwork, was it really that good?

suddenly had a spark. "Miss Nightingale, you may but I need to bring this home and fix it a little before I can put it in the art show."

She smiled and nodded. "Oh, may I ask what is it that you desire? It needs to be put in the description of your artwork."

I stared at the ceiling in thought. "I've got the perfect idea, I'll send it to you by email ASAP."

The bell rang and I was beaming with excitement.

"Lucee, Lucee! You won't believe what idea I've got. Come to my house today! I'm going to my locker, meet you at the entrance."

----

I grabbed a sticky note, wrote a few words and stuck it on the wall.

Deadline: May 5th.

"Isn't that the date of the art show? Is that a deadline to finish perfecting your artwork?" Lucee asked.

"Nup, it's the deadline to prove everyone wrong."I said, determined.

"What? One month? That's impossible!"Lucee yelled.

"Exactly." I said.

"Exactly.."