Chapter 4

Quick A/N

I'd like to say thnxxx to 4evaSleepy for this awesome book cover. I absolutely love it. 💕💕💕❤️❤️ So thnx a lot!!

Trent's P.O.V

I'm awake. I'm scared. I look around and all I see is white. White walls. White floors. White curtains. White beds. I look down at myself and notice I'm in white clothes too. My head feels fuzzy and my arms hurt. Everything comes rushing back to me.

I was attacked by someone. I don't remember who but he looked familiar. He beat me till I was unconscious. I remember being carried in someone's strong arms. Probably a guard. They took me into the infirmary and I went unconscious again.

I clear my head of these thoughts and hear a knock on the door. Princess Lulu walks in and takes a seat next to me. She stares at my wounds and brushes her finger over one. Suddenly the door bangs open.

Prince James walks in with a scowl on his face. He starts going off at princess Lulu. He's talking about me! The prince then walks towards me and asks to see me alone. Princess Lulu shakes her head but then looks at me. I ponder on it then nod my head for her to leave. She looks hurt but covers it up quickly. I feel so bad but I'm curious to hear what James has to say.

Princess Lulu leaves and closes the door behind her. James tells me that she's listening on the door and I start laughing. It hurts my chest when i laugh so I quit it. James walks up to the door and quickly opens it. Princess Lulu falls into the room and gets up with a sheepish smile on her face.

I laugh even harder at the princess falling into the room. Her brother has a half annoyed/ half angry expression on his face. Princess Lulu turns around and walks away. Hopefully to a safe distance.

Prince James shakes his head and comes to sit in the seat princess lulu was just occupying. He asks me how my wounds are.

"They still hurt a bit but they're getting better"

He nods his head and says " Who did this to you?"

"I don't know. It was someone familiar but I can't remember the face". I don't want to tell anyone who it is. Even though I don't have a clue who did this to me, I have a feeling I'll be finding out soon. If I report them they might get hurt and even though they hurt me I can't bare the thought of them getting hurt.

Prince James just nods and asks "Well remember soon. I don't want him running around and putting the people in danger."

My response was a gasp. The prince just got up and left the room. Not uttering anything. I'm a bit hurt at the way he acted. It's not like I expected any better but at least calm it down a bit. I sigh and lay my head against the headrest.

Lulu's P.O.V

When I hear a door slam I'm hit back to reality. I run after my brother, calling out to him. He hears me and turns around. When I catch up to him I'm not panting. Mostly because I like sports and do it a lot in my free time. My brother looks at me expectantly and I ask

"What did you ask him?"

"It's none of your business"

I sigh and know that I won't get an answer from him so I walk away. I turn away form my twin and head to my chambers. When I get to my room, I ask my maids to set up my bath, since I'm in no mood for starting it myself. When Sofia , my personal maid, walks out and announces its done I head into the bathroom. I strip and sit myself down into the tub. I scrub myself down and wash out my hair. When I finish I step out and dry my hair and body.

I place on my underwear and bra and wrap myself in the towel and head to my room to put on my nightgown. When I walk back to my room the door swings open and in comes Trent with a mop. I'm so startled that I drop my towel on the floor accidentally. And the towel didn't land in front of me, no, it landed in front of Trent. 

Trent looks at me in my underclothes and when he notices the lack of clothing I wear he turns his gaze away from me. I see his neck and face fill up with heat but it doesn't compare to the blush on me. He picks up the towel and hands it to me without looking. I take it and wrap it around my body.

I walk to my cupboard and pull out my nightgown. I tell Trent he can turn around and when he looks at me his eyes are full of relief and embarrassment. I walk to the mirror on my dresser and comb the brush through my hair. It doesn't brush easily. Turns out I have a big knot in my hair and can't get through the tangles.

Trent offers to help me and I smile and accept. He comes behind me and brushes through it easily. He picks up the knot of hair and slowly untangles it with the brush. While he brushes my hair I ask

"Why were you in my room?"

He blushes and mutters.

"I was going to clean your room. I knocked but you never answered. So I thought you were outside or something. So I walked in and, well, you know the rest."

I laugh at his nervousness and he says finished. I look in the mirror and see all my curls free of knots. I gasp and turn to him.

"How did you learn to do that? I've tried many times to tame my hair but it never works."

He looks at me and says "I used to brush out my sisters hair. I need to go". Before I can reply or say anything he scurries off and out of the room. I noticed he had a sad smile on his face when he mentioned his sister. I think his sister has something to do with that secret of his.

I don't mean to be nosy but it's natural for me. I'm a very curious lady. I sigh and head to bed reliving the day of embarrassment I had.

Authors note

Hey guys! Another update for u all. Hope you guys like it. I want to give a shout out to telesaCelest and Tarruk for voting and commenting on my book. You need to read their books!! They are awesome!

Good news!!!
My book is #652 on historical fiction. I know it's not that high on the list but I'm really happy about even getting on the list because it's hard to get on it! I hope you all can share my joy and vote and comment.

Happy new year everybody!! Hope you enjoy it.

Cya ✌🏻️😊