Chapter 12

Lulus P.O.V

I skipped down the hallway heading towards the ballroom. The day after tomorrow was the ball and everything had to be set up nicely. The colour theme was gold and silver. I had gotten my dress measurements done. Today I just had to try on the dress and see if I liked it. I had an idea of it and it seemed like a good dress from the descriptions I heard.

I heard demands and chatter being placed around the ballroom as I entered. People were gossiping and talking and some were telling others what to do. I walked into the middle of the space and looked around at everyone. The slaves were cleaning the floor and the cooks were creating recipes. The dress designers were creating dresses and the musical band were practising they're music.

I smiled and knew this was my home. I twirled around the middle of the floor and let my hair fall free with the wind I was creating. Some people stopped to stare at me, probably wondering if the princess was out of her mind but I couldn't mind less, and some just ignored me and continued walking.

I kept twirling until I bumped over something and before I hit the floor I was caught by 2 hands. Two strong beautiful arms I've grown familiar to. I turned around and saw Trent's face creased with worry. I smiled at him and rubbed his face as if it would calm him down. He seemed to find it funny and started laughing. His laugh was beautiful. So carefree and happy. I wish my family could be like that. But it isn't and I don't think it will ever be the same again.

Trent noticed my concentrated face and he started to worry.

"Are you ok, your highness"

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine"

I put on a real smile and pulled his arm out onto the dance floor. I wouldn't let my parents ruin my day. I grabbed Trent and placed one of my hands in his and the other on his higher back.

"What are you doing, your highness. I can't be seen dancing with you, yet alone talking to you!" Trent whisper screamed.

I narrowed my eyes at him and placed his hands where they were supposed to go.

"I am the princess and I can do most anything I want. If I wish to dance I can. And for all those people who gossips, they shall just have to deal with the consequences."

Trent smiles again and starts dancing with me. The music band notices me and starts playing a song. I haven't heard of this song before but it was fun.

People stopped to stare and most of their mouths were hung low and agape. I giggled and soon the dance ended. I bent down on my knees trying to catch my breath. Trent thought I looked funny and started laughing. People started spreading things about Trent and me. I didn't mind that they were talking about me but the fact that they were talking about Trent turned me off.

I stomped onto the stage with everyone's eyes on me. Slowly the chatter died down as people noticed what I was doing. I cleared my throat before saying

"This man is my friend and if anyone of up you have any 'problems' about it you can come up to me and speak to me directly. If I hear any more inappropriate hating a coming out of your mouth about Trent, there will be consequences."

With that I walked off the stage and headed to Trnet. I grabbed his arm and walked towards the tailors room.

"You are coming with me to get my dress fitted." His eyes widened at the realisation of being around girly things. He shook his head and started walking backwards holding his hands in front of him as if his hands were gonna prevent him from going. I raised my eyebrow and smirked. He wasn't getting away with it this time.