Chapter 14

Sienna's P.O.V

I was getting tired chasing after him. The guards were too. I bent down, hands on knees, and tried catching my breath. I had to do this for the princess. I continued sprinting after the man but with each step it seemed like he was moving further away. I groaned when I completely lost him. The guards were searching and running looking frantically for him but he just disappeared.

I knew he didn't disappear and that he was somewhere in the woods but it was too big of a place to search at this time. It was getting dark and we started heading in. The guards were still searching so I told them to stop. They of course obliged since they knew the princess sent me to look for them. They started heading in but I stayed put. I quickly took a look around once more.

I noticed something bright in the front of the woods and started walking towards it. I heard a guard call out for me but I never answered. I kept walking until I could make out that it was a silhouette of a person. I heard the guard running down the stairs and call out my name again. With the that sound the man turned around and I realised it was the man who bashed the guy.

A gasp left my mouth and I was about to start running away when he grabbed me by the wrists and pulled me into the woods. I tried struggling free but he seemed to get agitated by my doings because the last thing I saw was a fist connecting to my face.

James P.O.V

I look down at my sister sleeping peacefully. The maids had gotten her cleaned and dressed and sent her back to bed. I waited for her and we fell asleep together. I'm now dressed and ready to head over to check on Sienna. I usually update her daily on what happens and she does the same.

I hadn't seen her at all yesterday so I assumed she went to sleep early. I didn't want to wake her so I left her. Now I'm hoping she's awake because I miss her. I leave my twins room and start towards Sienna's room. I pass slaves and chefs and many of them bow down when they see me. I just shake my head and when I reach Siennas room I knock on the door.

She doesn't answer so i assume she's in the bathroom. I open the door and head to her bed. 'Sienna I'm waiting on your bed hurry from the bathroom'.

I don't get any reply though not that I expected one. Silence filled the room and I waited. 1 minute, 2 minute 3 minutes till I got to 5. I walked towards the bathroom door.

"Are you okay Sienna?". Silence responded to me.

"Im coming in". I walked in and didn't find Sienna.

I power walked back into her room.

'Sienna!', I said with a louder voice. I searched her whole room and couldn't find her. I started panicking about where she could be. I quickly exited her room then headed to the slaves headquarters. I walked in and all chatter ceased. Everyone stood silently and curtsied to me. I nodded my head in greeting to them and asked

"Do any of you know the location of the slave Sienna as she has gone missing and I cannot find her". Ladies started gossiping about how the slave went missing. I quietened them with a cough. Everyone abruptly shook their heads murmuring no's and haven't seen her your highness'. I was about to leave when a girl aged around 14 came up to me. My eyes widened at the girl. How could she be here at such a young age.  I felt sorry for her.

"I saw Sienna yesterday your highness. She was walking with princess Lulu". She mumbles and her face is full of creases and I could tell she was sad. I lifted her face and just knew she didn't want to be here. It might be a dream to some people to work in the castle, but she was only a child who wanted to live her life.

"I'll get you out of here, I promise." She smiled brightly and giggled.

"Thank you your highness. You'll make a wonderful King one day. My name is Ella".

"Well Ella thank you for the support I must go visit my sister, I do hope I meet you again."

She smiles at my words and curtsies as I leave. I head straight to my sisters room in a rush wanting to find my love. When I walk in she's crying. I dash to her and give her a hug. I calm her down with a kiss to her head and rub my hands up and down her arms, soothing her.

When she runs out of tears I ask her what's wrong. "Sienna, I- I sent her t-to find the man who b-bashed Trent and she h-hasn't returned. It's all my f-fault".

She says all that while hiccuping. I sit her in my lap and whisper calming words to her. When she calms down I tell her, "It's not your fault, you never knew what was going to happen to her. Do you have any clue where she could be?"

My sister nodded her head and whispered, 'Kidnapped'.

I freeze in my spot and I look down at my sister.

"What?!", I'm lost for words and everything's getting stuck in my mouth. I'm shocked to the core. She can't be kidnapped. "How?".

My twin looks at me and whispers. "I sent her with the guards and they kept searching till night. They were going in and one guard noticed Sienna staying behind. He called out to her but she never replied. She kept walking towards the woods and the next second she was pulled in by something or rather someone. The guards re exited and spent all night looking for her but it wasn't of much use. They were drained and the light they had were minimum."

I comforted her while my brain was working non stop. I had to find a way to find Sienne. Nothing must happen to her. If anything happened to her I couldn't handle myself knowing I wasn't there to protect her. But my sister feels so much worse than me. She was the one who sent Sienna so she's blaming it on herself when it's not her fault. If anything happened to Sienna we would both go crazy.

I noticed my sister fell asleep again on my lap. She hasn't been sleeping properly with everything going on. The fight with our parents, the ball tomorrow and now Sienna going missing. It's just all too much. I sigh and place my sister down carefully on the bed. I walk out of her room and head towards the guards rooms. I go in and see everyone having tea. I cough loudly and everyone's attention turns to me.

"One of our own has gone missing yesterday. Her name was Sienna and she was my personal slave. Yesterday while searching for the man who bashed up the janitor, she was kidnapped. Today we will search all day and hope to get good results. Everyone prepare and meet me outside."

I started walking towards the door that led outside and soon enough heard footsteps, loud and in sync. I pushed open the door and headed straight to the front of the woods. I turned around to face everyone.

"We will split up. We cover more area that way and if we find her call for us."

I split us up into 3 groups and saved my best guards for me. I was doing a quick count and noticed one of the guards were missing.

"Does anyone know where the other guard is?". I asked. Many people had furrowed their eyebrows not knowing where he was. He should be doing his job but I'm a bit suspicious.

"If anyone sees him shout to him and let me know when you do."

With that I trailed into the woods, my sword ready.

Authors note

I'm like soooo happy! My book is changing numbers on the list so fast I can't even count! It was #277 on the list just a couple days ago and I'm like so happy! But that's not all! It was #193 on the list before that!!! When I saw it I honestly had like a mini freaking heart attack and my sister gave me this weird ass look. Haha anyways thank u all soooo much! I love you all! 😘💝

Tell me what u think 😉I love hearing new ideas and thoughts from u all. New cover made by Car_Ree yet again. Thanks a lot. She has been spending a lot of her time making me book covers and I'm so very grateful for it. 😘

Bye. Vote, comment, share😊✌🏻️