Chapter 11

Lulus P.O.V

I walk towards the dining room after I finish changing. Thoughts are running through my head about how breakfast will go. Will it be tense? Will it be funny like always? Will James forgive my parents? I know I sure as hell don't. I'm probably overreacting but James is my twin. I feel what he feels. I know what he knows. We're one.

I love him and this fight between our parents was surely the only and hopefully the last fight we'll ever have. I push open the door to the room and notice my family sitting there quietly. I could feel the tension surrounding everyone. As I take my seat my food is placed in front of me.

Banana pancakes with maple syrup.

I dig in and soon I've devoured the top pancake

I dig in and soon I've devoured the top pancake. I was about to stab my fork into another piece when my father cleared his throat. My head whipped sideways facing my dad. His eyes were full of shame at what he'd done to the family. I wouldn't disagree with him. If I did that to my son I'd be horrified.

"I wanted to apologise sincerely for what I di- "

My father was cut off as James slammed his fist into the table. The table shook and I grabbed onto my plate so it didn't fall off.

"You have no rights to apologise for what you did to me. And you think saying sorry is gonna work! Well it's not and nothing will ever work and we would never be the same family because of you both"

My brother screamed as he pointed to fingers at my parents. My twin pushed out his chair and stomped off towards his room. I looked to my parents and noticed their heads hung low. I turned my attention towards the exit my brother took. Should I stay with my parents or go after my brother? I couldn't decide just yet so I chose to finish eating my food because come on, you can't give up on something that tastes like heaven. So I ate and headed towards the inbuilt gym.

I knew my brother wouldn't be in his room because when he tends to get angry he likes releasing his stress on the nearest thing. So he'd take it out on the punching bags. I head to the girls locker room and change into gym clothes.

I walk into the room and notice a figure knocking the hell out of the punching bag

I walk into the room and notice a figure knocking the hell out of the punching bag. I walk up to them and rest my hand on their shoulder. They stop punching and take a deep breath. They drop their arms to their side and sit on the floor. I follow my brothers lead.

My brother breaks the silence by saying

"I really want to forgive them though what they did really hurt me. I can't forgive me that easily could I?"

I honestly didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell him everything was alright when it actually wasn't. I didn't want to say that he could forgive them when I couldn't myself. So I told him what I truly thought.

"They did wrong and yeh it affected you more than me but I think holding a grudge won't honestly change anything except change the way our family can communicate. I'm not saying forgive them yet but maybe soon we could get over the fact and move on with our lives. The arrangement was cancelled. You get to live your life on your own. No ones stopping you now. So yeh keep being angry for a bit longer but forgive them soon after."

My brother smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me to his side for a hug. I push away from him holding my nose.

"You stink! You ought to have a shower straight away or else everyone within a 100 metre radius will die of stink inhalation."

I say all this with a squeaky voice and look at my brother. He has a big smirk on his face. His arms and face are covered in sweat and it's disgusting me. At least wipe it off!

My twin slowly starts advancing towards me and my eyes dilate. His plans now taking place in my mind I turn and bolt out the room. You could hear his footsteps and laughs as he chased me. I bolted to the back garden and ran into the forest. I knew my brother was catching up and decided to take a sharp turn. I turned and my feet skidded from underneath myself. I fell back and landed on a soft pile of grass. My brother finally caught up to me and started laughing. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down you smelly skunk."

I say while pounding his back. He doesn't even move an inch. I then realise I have the advantage to him. I had an embarrassing scene replaying in my head of what I'd do to my brother. When he got closer to his room, Sienna passed by. I called out to her and she looked back at me. James had a confused look and he stopped walking as well. I took that moment to pull my brothers shorts down and hear his gasp. I took that moment to escape his grasp and saw his face turning red from embarrassment. Sienna was laughing at his Minnie Mouse undies.

My brother started pulling up his pants and I realised what I'd done. I ran to my room and locked the door. I couldn't have any more revenge plans played on me. I still remember the last pranked he played on me.

"Come out, come out wherever you are"

My 15 year old brother said as he crawled around my room searching for me. I was currently hiding under the bed and he was searching behind my desk. I slowly crawled out careful not to make a sound and tiptoed out.

I started tiptoeing towards the door until I stepped on a loose tile and it created a big creak. James' head turned towards me and he smirked. I started running around and reached the door. I opened it wide ready to escape when a bucket of porridge tipped down on me. I stood there shocked. The porridge dripping off me.

"OMG! This is the funniest thing yet"

James said while taking a picture. I growled and chased after him. He ended up tripping over himself and landed on the floor. I jumped on top of him and slathered him in porridge. He looked down at himself and groaned. I grabbed his phone and deleted the photo of me.

"Payback hurts like a b*tch, doesn't it."

I said with a laugh as I walked towards my bathroom to change. "Oh and get your fat ass out of my room. I don't want my room to smell like porridge and sweat."

I smiled at the memory and got up from the floor. I splayed myself on my bed and grabbed my book. I read and read until I fell asleep.

Authors note

I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm having a MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK! If anyone has any suggestions plz let me know.

Shout out to JessicaMorel0 for voting on my book. Thnxxxxx

Last chapter was a book cover update which I now deleted as I chose a cover. Thnx again Car_Ree and 4evaSleepy for the covers.

Last updates offer is still up. If u have any book suggestions plz let me know. I didn't get any! Come one idc if u don't comment or vote but just suggest me some book ideas.

Read, vote, comment, share. 😊✌🏻️