Chapter 13

Lulus P.O.V

Tomorrow was the ball and I was so excited. I could barely hold in my excitement. There was gonna be drinks and music and dances and family and friends. I sigh and head over to the bathroom. I brush through my hair and brush my teeth. Once I'm satisfied that I don't look like a deranged animal I step outside of my room.

As I head to the dining hall yet again, I bump into someone. The other person was the one who ended up on the floor so I extended my hand down to them. As I looked down I realised it was my brothers lover. Sienna. I smiled at her and she smiled back while taking my hand. I pulled her up and she dusted herself off.

"Sorry, didn't see you there", I say.

"Don't worry about it your highness it was me who wasn't looking."She mumbles this with a curtsy.

I roll my eyes and tell her to stop treating me like royalty. Her face expression when I said that was quite funny.

"B-but you are royalty your highness. It's my duty to treat you with respect". I smirk at her and motion for her to follow me as I start walking.

"I see you don't have much respect for my brother when you're in bed. Don't forget I caught you too." I watch closely as her face turns crimson red. She starts sputtering words and I laugh so hard.

We continue walking but I soon have to stop again as another wave of laughter erupts from me. Her face was honestly priceless. I wanted her to feel comfortable around me and yet I wanted to prove a point to her.

I have to bend down on my knees and clutch my stomach from the sounds escaping my mouth. She looks like she's ready to follow in my steps but then a scream sounds. I suddenly straighten up as I noticed the scream came from Trent. I ran towards the sound with Sienna in tow and found myself near the back of the castle.

I hear a scream again and chase towards it until I'm face to face with a bloody Trent and a mysterious person running away. Trent looked worse then the last time I saw him. He was beaten black and blue and he was coughing up blood. His neck was purple and I could tell he was on the verge of death. I looked towards the man running away and knew he was the one who did it. I couldn't leave Trent by myself so I told Sienna to chase him and call guards along the way.

She nodded and sped off. I shouted for help and waited. I could hear footsteps coming towards me but I was too afraid I would lose Trent. I ripped a piece of my dress of and wrapped it around his arms and legs. The blood was flowing everywhere. I started the cpr until my brother arrived with 3 guards behind him.

My brother looked at the mess before his eyes and he visibly paled. He ordered me to go to my room and clean up. I was dressed in a half ripped half bloodied dress. I'm sure I didn't look presentable. I tried standing up but then ended up falling. I heard my brother command one of the guards to take me to my room before I passed out.

James P.O.V

When the guard left with my sister I kneeled down and picked up Trent. Even though I didn't like Trent, the facial expression my sister was wearing is something I don't ever want to witness again. Though the scene in front of me was worse. Never in my life would I think to see something this bad before in my life.

When I reached the infirmary, I shouted out for help. Nurses and doctors came running and stopped mid foot when they noticed Trent. They shouted out orders to each other and told me to bring him to the emergency area. I placed him down and left. Before I exited the door I looked back and saw them already working on Trent.

I sighed and headed towards my sisters room. She must've had it hard. This was the second time it's happened to Trent and both of the times she was the one who witnessed it. I really want to find out who did it. When I got to her room I silently opened the door. She was lying on her bed hair flown everywhere. Her dirty clothes were still on and she was getting blood on her bedsheets.

I rang the bell and called in a couple of maids. They came straight away and when they saw my sister they rushed her to the bathroom. I sighed and plopped myself down on her bed. I just wanted my sister to be happy. These days nothing was going right.

Authors note

Hi everybody! I miss u all! I decided to update a bit early because I was bored and had a scene ready in my head. Thank you all who help me get through this book. I love you!

After reading this do you have any clue who the guy who bashed Trent is?
Any guesses?

I also changed the cover to the one made by Car_Ree thnx. Hope u like it!

Thanx anyways love ya bye!

Read, vote, comment, share 😊✌🏻️