Chapter 6

I texted Isaac,

Hey Isaac
I'm twenty weeks pregnant today! Only another twenty to go!
I'm at my apartment and im bored. Want to do something?
From Hazel
(not your evil ex girlfriend Monica)

I laughed too myself. Today was going to be a good day. Last night I made up properly with mom, there was a lot if hugging and tears. Me and dad were never annoyed at each other, but I foolishly grinned while he kissed me.

Finally, I was starting to get a baby bump! Before I just had a round tummy so it looked like I was really fat. I must of looked weird. A fat girl unable to breath properly. But now it was obvious I was pregnant. I got smiles from elderly woman, looking at my belly, as I walked to the corner shop. Somebody even asked to feel it once!

Last night when I was sitting on my parents couch watching TV, the baby kicked for this first time.

"Guys! Come quick!" I had shouted to my parents, lounging on the sofa.

Dad rushed in, a newspaper in hand, his reading glasses hanging off his nose. Mom had hastily wrapped a towel around herself and her hair was dripping wet against her shoulders. They both looked anxious.

"The baby's kicking," I smiled.

Dad sighed, grumbling that he was busy but Mom shrieked excitedly. When she ran across the room to feel my belly, her towel nearly fell off. I forgot how happy she was when babys were involved.

A text pinged in from Isaac,

HALF WAY THERE!!!!
Yeah ill get Mom to drive me to yours, see you soon,
Isaac x

Did that kiss mean anything? I stared at his message for a while. I convinced myself it was a friendly text. And anyway, it might of been a typo. Isaac has to speak his messages into his phone, so something could of easily gone wrong.

After a while, while I was reading a book, somebody put there hands on my cheeks.

"Guess who?" said Isaac in a muffled voice.

"For gods sake Isaac, you have your hands on my cheeks, not my eyes!" I laughed, reaching up to give him a hug.

"Well, I was close," muttered Isaac jokingly.

We mucked around for a few hours, talking, laughing. I didn't realise how much fun Isaac was till after Augustus died. Us three had always been together.

"Isaac, come here," I smiled, leading him towards the end of my bed. I placed his hand on my belly.

"Woah I can actually feel the baby! It's squirming and moving and stuff!" Isaac exclaimed.

"Well duh, Sherlock." I gave him a mock push, but light enough that I didn't actually hurt him.

He laughed and pushed me back. Soon we were having a mock fight, laughing our heads off. Until Isaac punched my belly and I gasped.

"Come on Hazel! Give up?" shouted Isaac laughing.

"No! For gods sake Isaac that was my stomach!" I screeched.

"So?" Isaac queried.

"SO I HAVE A HUMAN BABY IN THERE!" I shouted and Isaac jumped.

"Oh my god Hazel, I'm so sorry! Oh god oh god it's not done any damage has it?" asked Isaac nervously.

"I don't know..." I replied shakily.

"Right lets get you to the hospital to check it out. You drive, I'll come with you-" said Isaac in a big rush before I cut him off.

I don't know why I was so angry. It really scared me. I spoke to my mid wife and she said that it was just pregnancy hormones mixed with my natural sense to protect my child.

"Don't you think you've done enough?" I coughed. "Just leave Isaac. I can get there myself.

"Hazel it really will be best if I come with you-" said Isaac.

"NO IT WON'T. YOUR NOT THE PERSON WHO'S PREGNANT." I shouted.

"Hazel-" Isaac pleaded.

"JUST GET OUT OF MY HOUSE ISAAC I HATE YOU YOU'VE PROBABLY KILLED MY BABY AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" I screamed, now sobbing. My head was aching.

Isaac glared at me with an emotion that can only be described as disgust. I shuddered, tears pouring down my face. You may think a person with no eyes couldn't glare, but you're wrong. Isaac carefully used his hands to find my door, me standing there offering no help.

Suddenly he slammed the door and my head exploded in a burst of pain. The room started spinning and I stumbled around before falling onto my hands and knees. My lead that was attached to my oxygen container and that ran into my nose, fell out, so I could hardly breath.

The pain was excruciating. I tried to crawl towards the door. I tried to shout for my Issac but I couldn't speak. Black spots danced in my eyes. I lay wheezing on the floor for a few seconds before everything went black and I passed out.