Additional Facts

July 2016

So I'm writing this about 2 years after I finished the final chapter of The Star in Our Faults, and can I just say WOW. The amount of reads and votes this story has received is unbelievable. I never imagined it would become so popular.

I just thought I'd give you guys some fun facts about the story as I was writing it, to keep you all interested. So here it goes.

TEN FUN FACTS ABOUT TSIOF

1) You know Hazel's pregnancy Doctor, Dr. Green? When he first appeared in Chapter 1, I didn't even make the connection between his surname 'Green' and the author of the original The Fault in Our Stars, John Green. I just chose Green because it was a simple last name and one of the first names that came to my head! But after everyone's comments, when he appeared in later chapters I just had to call him John.

2) I had to try and do a lot of medical research to write this novel, especially on pregnancy. Although I did search up a lot of different cancer drugs and medicines, the 'Hypoderamis' drug which first appears in Chapter 17 is made up. That's maybe clear by the ridiculous name.

3) Nearly all of the additional characters in this novel are named after people I know in real life. Kayleigh, Hazel's colleague at the bookstore, is really a librarian at my school. Sienna, Anna's friend from preschool, is one of my real-life best friends. Carla, Sienna's mom, is the name of another of my friends.

4) In one chapter, Anna speaks about how Sienna says she has a 'funny and nice' dad. In another, Sienna's mom says how her dad left before Sienna was one. No other explanation except it was a mistake from me.

5) When I began to write this book I was 11 years old and when I finished it I had just turned 13...that's a little crazy to think. But there you go, for everyone trying to guess my age on an early chapter.

6) Reading this back, I really dislike how I portrayed Isaac throughout the novel. Making him start to like Hazel was definitely a mistake, although at the time I felt it needed to be done to add a little extra to the story.

7) In the epilogue, it is kind of implied that the novel Anna has written is this book, 'The Star in Our Faults'.

8) Another mistake was making Anna grow up too fast. But it got a little boring and tedious writing about a toddler, to be fair they don't have a lot of personality. I needed to make her grow up quickly so I could get to the big, juicy storylines.

9) Chapter 27 (where we learn Hazel dies) was my favourite Chapter to write and I think it is the most thought-out and well written chapter of the book. Or maybe I just enjoy destroying your hopes and dreams by killing off the main character. Mwahahahhah. *Steven Moffat Laugh*

10) I seriously considered making Hazel's child a boy. It was a kind of last minute decision, originally I wrote the chapter as her kid being a boy but I went back and changed it. He was named Leo Augustus Waters. No reason for the name Leo, just thought it was cute.

So yeah there's a few facts for you. Tell me if you want some more chapters like this, or maybe a couple of bonus chapters? A story about Anna and Mile possibly? Or maybe Hazel and Augustus reuniting in Heaven? Tell me your ideas!

I'm thinking to write a new story soon (nothing to do with this one). It's going to be named 'Life After Death' and focuses on, you guessed it, the afterlife. Not much details right now, but I think I have a storyline sussed out and I'll tell you guys when I publish the first Chapter. Any fans of books such as 'The Hunger Games', 'If I Stay' and 'The Mortal Instruments', I think you should enjoy it.

Remember to email me at eleanormoretti@hotmail.com or private message me on Wattpad (email would be preferred though) to speak about this book, or anything under the sun really. Stay tuned and thank you again!