Chapter Nine - The Mission

The Phantom started to touch down on an abandoned landing platform. It was behind one of the storing units used to house supplies imported to Lothal. The other cargo ships that had traveled with them used the main one, but that wasn't a good idea for the Ghost crew.

Sabine put on her colorful Mandalorian helmet, which coordinated with the rest of her armor. She preferred staying unrecognized and mysterious to her enemies. It also protected her from headshots and she could see when her blaster ammo was low.

Hera landed the ship, and she spoke to her crew as she finished. "The building behind us is a storage unit. Probably not well guarded, but it's better if only one of us goes in. Sabine, that's your job. The rest of us will stay here to provide backup if necessary."

"Got it." Sabine didn't mind going in solo. She had done something like this before, when she tagged TIE fighters at an Imperial shipyard here on Lothal. That was fun.

The door to the small ship opened, and Sabine headed out. It was warm outside, and the sun had started to set. She patted her sides, checking to make sure her weapons were all there. The building was bigger than she expected it would be; it was more like a warehouse than a storage unit. Sabine just hoped that there wouldn't be too much security personnel around. It would be faster to get in and out without any, unexpected encounters.

Sabine moved against the east wall of the warehouse, listening to voices. She heard Stormtroopers, but they were farther away from her. After getting to the end of the wall, the voices got louder. Peeking out from behind the wall, she saw two soldiers standing guard at the entrance. They were scanning their surroundings and on high alert. That wasn't the opposite of what the Mandalorian was hoping for. The Empire was still stepping up their game after all the trouble the Ghost crew had caused on Lothal. Those days were long now.

They won't move until the supplies are picked up, and by then the goods will be gone. Kanan needs it. Sabine had plenty of explosives on her. These guys hated those. They also hated paint, but unfortunately, paint would not help her much in this situation.

And she was itching to use explosives.

Fifteen seconds later, an explosion blasted through the area.

"Explosion in Sector Four! All squads go!"

The guards were gone when Sabine looked back, her arm lowered.

She smiled and slipped into the building. It wasn't too dark, the light from outside was enough for her to see. Crates filled the room, but the artist didn't stop to count. She tried to open one, then two, then three crates.

They were all locked.

To make matters worse, Sabine started hearing footsteps from outside.

This was great. Just great for her.

"Hey! What are you doing in there?!"

Sabine turned to face the armored Imperial.

"Just browsing. This stuff doesn't come cheap."

And before the soldier could react, a bomb was thrown and the room was filled with smoke.

~<-*->~

I could use some backup.

"Can you get back to the ship?" Hera asked, speaking into her comm.

Yeah. Meet you there Specter Two.

Hera turned to her remaining crew on the ship. "Get ready. We'll have to get out fast, and let's try not to get recognized."