Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Are you sure you're going to be alright? You watched that scary movie the other day and all...."

"Flora, I'll be fine. If anything happens to me, you'll all pay for my funeral," I told her, hurrying her out of the door. Everyone was going out. Except me. Flora was meeting Onew, Beth was going to see Key, Octopus was supposedly going to see tonights game with her brother, and Ces was going out with Jonghyun, making me a Larry Loner. But its okay, I have an empty house and a fridge full of food. Nothing can go wrong.

"Okay then. Take care of yourself!" Flora said, before leaving. Ces was still here; Jonghyun was picking her up and taking her to the fairground. How jolly romantic.

"How do I look?" she asked for the third time. She was wearing a sweater with a little monster on it, dark blue jeans, red Converses and a funny little necklace in the shape of a Ghost from Pacman. Overall, it was a pretty cool outfit.

"Hot. Now sit down, come watch this with me." The Human Centipede was playing. It is honestly the scariest thing I've ever watched. Me and Ces snuggled down under my duvet that I had brought down, pulling it up to our noses.

"This is so disgusting. When you're gone, I'm watching Disney movies." I told Ces. She turned it off with the remote, looking thoroughly shocked with the TV and Media.

"This is.......kinda creepy," Ces said, looking around. "What if there's some Dutch physco doctor hiding somewhere, planning to use us for a human centipede-"

All of a sudden, there was a sharp knock at the door, causing me and Ces to jump five foot in the air, screaming. There was a muffled voice.

"Guys! Guys, are you alright? Is there someone in there with you?!" Jonghyun was banging on the windows, trying to get in.

"Yeah, we're fine." I shouted out to him, getting up to answer the door.

"I thought it was The Woman in Black coming to sew us together..."

"Ces, what goes on in your mind?" I laughed, pulling on the latch. Ces bounced up from her place on the couch.

"You ready?" asked Jonghyun.

"Yeah, I am." Ces smiled sweetly at Jonghyun. He held out his hand and she took it. They looked good together.

"I'll see you late then, Brooke." Both of them waved at me. I did my special wave back. They started walking back up front yard path, chatting away. Jonghyun said something that made Ces laugh really hard. I watched as he opened the his car door for her. Only then did I bother to shut the frint door. Can't be too careless. I just watched a movie about people being sewn up. There's alot of hate in the world.

I cautiously looked around. The house seemed so empty. I realised that this was my first time alone in the house. There was always somone singing along to the radio, or humming a tune, or dancing around in the kitchen. It was as if someone had come in and killed everybody. I should stop watching so many horror movies. I walked round the house for a bit, checking each room individually. I found myself back down

Again, there was a loud rapping on the wooden door. I wasn't going to risk it. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the closest thing I could; a saucepan. I was ready and equipped.

I wandered out the the hall and yanked the door open. It was Minho! The only person who didn't ditch me tonight!

"Hey....are you okay?" he said, eyeing my weapon.

"Er....yeah. Fine and dandy." I threw the saucepan away. There was a screeching of catness to be heard, and Ed came running out. "Sorry Ed!" I called, but he ran upstairs. So understanding. Even my cat abandoned me. "Come in." I told Minho, and he stepped in gratefully.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"I don't mind. Anythings fine." So this was how he's going to play.

"Fine. We'll make some cookies."  I walked out to the kitchen and started getting the ingredients out, Minho following me. He got out the pots and stuff, and we set to work. I made the dough and he rolled it. We worked in a companionable silence for some time. We'd finished the dough and shaping them out, and heated the oven. I popped them in and turned around. Something landed in my face. I scoffed.

"What was that for?" I asked. I looked at Minho. He was in silent stitches. I got a spare egg out of nowhere, and cracked it over his hair.

"Okay, now that was tight." It. Was. On.

Two hours later, we thought it would be better if we packed away, and actually took the cookies out of the oven. Good thing we put it on a slow cook.

"How does it taste?" Minho asked, breaking a corner off, and popping it into my mouth. I chewed it and then smiled.

"Its perfect."

(A/N Dates coming up next! Wo0t! The pic at the side is the kitchen after Minho and Brooke had finished their food fight. Stay tuned for Chapter 17...I hope you liked it! XD)