Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Whoa, your place is nice." Ces said as we dumped our bags in the hall and wandered through to the living room. Ed came strolling over, rubbing his head against my legs and then doing the same to Ces. Friendly Kitteh <3

It was Thursday-meaning Ces had come over. We had been given instructions by the others on how we were to write it. We laughed on the way home, totally ignoring their demands.

"It's not too impressive. I might lose it soon though." I said, as I picked up some letters from the coffee table. Mostly bills. I sighed. Looks like I would have to move back in with my mum soon. This waitressing was good, but not doing much and barely enough to cover my rent and feed me and Ed.

"Have you ever thought....I don't know.." Ces started.

"Thought about what?" I said, going to the fridge and grabbing two cans of Coke, tossing one to Ces. I cracked my can open and sank down on the sofa, Ces next to me.

 "I know we've known eachother for what, a few days? We're already in a band and all, I just thought we could think about lodgings, for later on."

Ed hopped onto her lap. Ces smiled and glided her hand along his back, making him arch back in comfort.

"I just think, maybe we should consider getting a place for all five of us. Pockey Nations own dorm."

I stopped for a second.

"Ces. You bloody legend."

_____________________________________________________________________________

I sighed and sat my tired ass down on ths sofa. Without intending to, me and Ces had written way more than we were supposed to. Thirty six pages, actually. Stage direction included. I felt knackered.

We got it done quickly. It took us two and a half hours and then we were done. Impressive, right? But the whole time we were doing it, I couldn't stop thinking about Ces' suggestion. Moving in? With two girls I had only met a few days ago, Flora, who wasn't a problem, and Octopus? Bring it on.

I went to the desk in the corner of the room; covered in writing books, loose notes, pens, sketches and old coffee mugs. I fired up my laptop, and whilst having a serious case of deja vu, I looked for nearby housing agents.

___________________________________________________________________________

"You guys sure about this?" Ces asked. It was Sunday, around 10 and all members of Pockey Nation were lined up outside of the agency.

"Like heck yes,beyatch. You suggested it, you're going to have to live with it now." Beth said in such a diva tone.

"You know, we don't really know each other that well, and you want us to all move in? Won't that, I don't know, cause a few problems?" asked Flora.

"Dude, we're awesome. Don't forget it." said Octopus, and she casually walked up the steps and inside. The remaining four of us looked at each other eith raised eyebrows.

Once inside, it smelt very much like a bank. Of posh people and soap. There was a waiting area for kids, which consisted of two large couches, and a low table which was covered in copies of Hello! magazine, or Heat. Very much like a bank in my eyes.

We all followed Beth and Flora, who seemed to know what they were doing, up to a desk where a women offered us a chair.

"Now, how may I help you?" she asked once we were all seated.

"We'd like to look at nearby houses. It doesn't have to be big or glamerous, but we would like it to be big enough for us five." Flora explained, waving her hands in our general direction.

We spent ages looking over the woman's computer screen, only finding a few houses. One was far too big, with 4 en suites, with decking and a pool in the back yard. Even though it sounded wonderful, we said no.

"We want something practical. It's not like we're going to be spending all our time there." Beth indicated. We were left with only one option.

"It's fairly local, near a big park. It's three bedrooms and two bathrooms, with a kitchen that opens up to a living room, and a potential-filled back yard." The women told us. It wasn't too badly priced either.

"Can we go and think about this for a bit? We just want to dicuss a few things." said Octopus. Out of all of us, the most immature turned out to be...quite smart.

"Of course. Its a very big desicion, buying somewhere to live and all that. I'll put your names down for it just incase you are interested." The women smiled kindly. We thanked her and left.

"I think we should talk about it over ice cream." said Ces, so we all looked about until we came across McDonalds.

Flora and Octopus went to go order our treats whilst me, Ces and Beth found a table.

"I think we should go for it. It would be great, like we're an actual band. Plus, we don't have to ring each other or anything, and I can be free from The Brats." implied Beth.

"Same, but you still don't think it's too early? It was only a suggestion, you know." said Ces.

"Yes Ces, but a blooming brilliant one! You need to stop thinking; you came up with our name, and you thought we should live together!" Beth was a little too loud at this point.

"If I told you to go die in a hole in your backyard, would you?" Ces asked. I fiddled with my napkin, turning it into a bird.

"If it got me off of babysitting, like hell I would." There conversation went on like this until the others got back with the drinks and ice cream.

"Guys, we were thinking. Can any of us drive? Like, you know, legally?" asked Flora. "Because it would be alot easier than hailing a cab every five minutes. I mean, we all have our own things going on, don't we? Octopus does Stage Combat with the tiddly tots, I have my Saturday job. Its a matter of how we'll get there."

"Someone has to take their test." Beth said, casting a glance at me.

"Why are you looking at me? I'm the youngest!" It was true. I learnt that Ces and Beth were Capricons, Flora was a Virgo, Octopus was a Pisces, leaving me as a Taurus; the youngest in reality and the acedemic school year.

"I think we should all be taking our tests now. Well, besides Brooke, but I think we should all knuckle down, stop mucking around and actually achieve something instead of wasting our time here, right now, in Maccy D's." said Flora. She had a point.

"So...are we signing for the house, or not?" asked Beth.

"Dude, we're so freaking awesome, I told you not to forget it." said Octopus. The next thing I knew, is that we were all running down the highstreet, yet again, in the direction  of the agency.