Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Okay, Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bakey!" someone yelled in my ear. I'm up if there's bacon involved......

"Downstairs in five minutes!" Flora shouted again, banging a wooden spoon and metal saucer around. I groaned noisily, showing her I was miffed and tired.

"You should have gone to bed earlier then. Not my fault you feel hungover." said Flora, and skipped out of the room, too cheery to be good for any sane person...

"Come on, before Octopus eats all the food." Ces said. That simply would not do. I raced to the banister taking two steps at a time. Octopus wasn't even there.

"Liar," I pouted at Ces who came down.

"I didn't know she if she was here or not. Look, food!" Ces pointed at the table, which of course, had food on it. I sat down next to Ces and started nomming.

Beth and Octopus came down minutes later and we all ate in a peaceful silence. I noticed we were all wearing babygrows; Beth's was plain pink Octopus' had kisses all over them, Ces had a camo print on hers, and mine had rubber ducks. I bet our mum's are proud.

Just then, Flora appeared out of nowhere-with a notepad. This can't be good, I thought.

"The quicker we get this done, the more homely this place will be." she said. "Octopus and Ces; you'll do the kitchen. Brooklyn and Beth; you'll do the living room and hall. The paints over there; the kitche is yellow and the hall and sitting room is blue. I'll do the bathrooms and we'll sort the bedrooms out later."

Sounds like a plan. Painting. Yay. Note sarcasm.

We finished breakfast and dumped our stuff in the sink.

"We should change out of our babygrows. I don't want to get paint on mine." said Beth.

"But I have no old clothes.." said Octopus. Its true. She gives her old stuff to me.

Beth ran upstairs and returned several minutes later with faded old T-shirts and five comical baggy dungarees.

"We're going to wear them?" Ces asked, eying them suspiciously.

"Hell yes, and you're going to enjoy it. Come one! They're awesome. Now, go change. I want to get this done."

So we all changed. We were in hysterics for the first few minutes- the dungarees hung off of us so much, we could fit a double of ourselves in them. Me, Ces and Octopus covered up the sofas and coffee tables and set old newspaper all over the floor. It made the place look like a giant litter box. Beth cracked the paint can open, dipped two paintbrushes in and handed one to me. We got to work.

The walls were already a dirty white, so we didn't have to bother with painting it two layers. We stood there for a few minutes, me and Beth, in a companianable silence, listening to Ces and Octopus singing together in the kitchen. I started to sway from side to side. So did Beth. Soon, we looked very odd, swinging from side to side.

"Hey girls, do you need a hand?" Key poked his head around the door. Me and Beth stopped swaying, only to see Jonghyun, Key and Minho standing there, watching us. "I forgot my phone, so I thought I could nip back here and get it, but since we have nothing planned, we could help you paint."

"Sure, Octopus and Ces are in the kitchen, one of you can go and help them." Jonghyun sloped off to the kitchen, but not before I gave him a magical eyebrow dance.

"Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, look what I found on Youtube!" Octopus came running out of the kitchen a few minutes later a latop in her hands.

"Break it and I will kill you~" Ces sang from the kitchen.

"Here!" Octopus showed us a random video of men hugging. (A/N I'll put it at the side XD I found it amusing.)

"Was that really necessary?" asked Beth.

"This is the reality that I want."

"So this is not the reality you wanted?" Jonghyun shouted from the kitchen. I heard Ces laughing.

"Heck....sort of....damn...yeah!" Octopus was at loss of things to say.

"You're an idiot," said Beth, laughing. Octopus grabbed a spare paintbrush, dunked it in the pot of Orphan Blue paint (A/N It's a colour, a pretty one at that :D) and slid it down Beth's arm, leaving a trail of paint from Beth's elbow to her palm.

"You're a Smurf." she said. She then ran around the room, dabbing people with her paintbrush. When she reached me, I got her back and she walked away with a blue cheek.

"Ces! Jonghyun! I need reinforcments!" she yelled, grabbing a paint tray as we all ganged up on her.

"No, we're fine in here." They must have heard the Smurf comment.

"Guys! What the hell do you think you're doing? You're going to get paint everywhere!" Flora yelled from the doorway. Suddenly, I felt like a six year old getting an earful from the headteacher.

"We just wanted to be Smurf's," was the only thing I could say.

"Well that didn't go too far. Wipe off that paint and finish off." said Flora, going back upstairs. There wasn't that much to do. Now that the guys were here, we had gotten loads done. But Octopus had other plans. She ran upstairs to the half empty linen cupboard (creaky floorboards) and came back down. She had a white pillow case in her hand.

"I don't care what Flora thinks. I'm a Smurf. Live with it." she said. Octopus put the pillow case on her head, making her look like an actual Smurf and flounced off to the kitchen. Oh Octopus, how I worry.