Day Twelve.

Ouch.

                That was the first thought that filled my head when I awoke what I could only estimate at hours later.

                A hammer smashed itself on my head with each pulse of my heart. As the blood flowed through my veins, I felt a ubiquitous throb of pain pulse through my body. In all my memory, I could not picture a worse feeling.

                I focused on breathing in evenly. Consciousness seemed to have sent my nerves into frenzy. As my heartbeat quickened, the pain worsen. My muscles flexed instinctively, bracing myself for anything. I squeezed my eyes shut tighter.

                My thoughts were directed around breathing in rhythmically.

                Breathe in.

                Breathe out.

                In.

                Out.

                Slowly, everything slowed.

                My heartbeat steadied.

                My muscles relaxed.

                The pain lessoned considerably.

                And slowly, I opened my eyes.

                White greeted my view.

                The brightness astounded me. I squinted my eyes, surprised and curious by my surroundings. The white off the walls made it difficult to distinguish one wall from another. As I focused my eyes more and more, I began to understand the shape of the room.

                It was a triangular prison in every sense of the word. Aside from the white, there was nothing else in the room.

                No window.

                No door.

                Nothing.

                I took a deep breath.

                Hesitantly, I stood up on shaky legs. My muscles didn’t seem ready to support my full weight, but I ignored the shaking. At full height, the ceiling was much closer than I could have anticipated from the floor.

                I reached a hand up, pressing my palm flat against the ceiling. It couldn’t have been more than six feet off the floor.

                My eyes caught sight of the white fabric covering my arm. I pulled my hand back and examined the outfit that decorated my body.

                White.

                To match the room.

                The white pants hung loosely off my hips. Various stains and tears adorned the stiff fabric hinting that hundreds had worn it before me. The sleeves of the shirt hid my fingers behind their length. As with the pants, various extras had been added to the shirt over the years.

                I felt disgusting wearing it.

                Pushing the sleeves up to my elbow, I ran a hand through my hair.

                Where was I?

                The situation scared me. Questions buzzed through my mind at such a speed I could barely process them.