Day Four.

The light is blinding.

                A tight metal band circles around both wrists and ankles.

                My limbs are pulled behind me. It strains my muscles to keep this painful position for so long, but I have no ability to control it.

                I tilted my head upwards, eyes squinting against the white light that fills the room. A black pane of glass wraps around the circular room the entire way. I can’t see through it, but whoever is behind it can see me.

                It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out.

                I am suspended in the air. All around me, I can feel molecules moving around me. It’s a sensation I’ve never experienced before. I feel as though I’m falling apart. As if the atoms keeping me together are separating.

                It hurts.

                I bit my lip and tough it out. I’m stronger than this. I won’t let them win. I won’t show weakness. I can do this.

                The room I’m in is bare. White walls wrap around. I can’t see behind me. The air is quickly heating up. I can feel sweat forming on the back of my neck and sliding down the sides of my face. A bead forms between my breasts. I focus on it as it slips between them, moving down to my belly button quickly.

                A loud ringing sounds.

                I cringe at the painful noise. It’s the feeling of finger nails on a chalkboard, continuously playing, increasingly louder.

                It hurts.

                The noise continues. My body begins to twitch instinctively. It needs to end now. It hurts so much. The air heats up as I move in the painful position that I’m in. The molecules pry apart. I grind my teeth together.

                I feel as though I’m being ripped to shreds. Every cell on my body is on fire. My organs begin to ache. I can feel each individual breath I drag in burning down my throat. My heartbeat speeds up drastically.

                My jaw hurts.

                My hair falls around me. I watch it intensely shake as my body jerks back and forth of its own accord. I’ve lost control of my own actions. As my eyes concentrate on the strands of hair before me, I focus on how the hair is still intact. I’m not separating just yet.

                It’s the hope that I hold on to.

                My shoulder joints burn. Sweat is dripping down my back, my sides, my stomach. I can feel my hair dampening. The temperature is hotter than I’ve ever experienced before.

                A memory flashes through my mind.

                A memory of Arizona in the summertime.

                The intense heat that could almost boil water.

                The heat in this room easily exceeds the temperature to boil water.

                I sucked in a shaky breath. I’m finding that breathing is becoming harder and harder. The air is thick.

                I left my head up, much to the annoyance of my neck. It takes all of the energy I can muster, but I manage it. Through the clumped together strands of my hair, I stare at the black strip at the top of the room. My eyes focus on one spot.