Winners Never Quit, Quitters Never Win!

There are times in our lives when nothing seems to go right. Whatever we do turns out wrong and all that is happening to us seems to be happening with the express motive of pulling us down. Our sorrow may make us feel alienated from the world, not believing in our own worth, or in the inherent goodness of god.

At such times, when we are ready to throw in the towel, we must always remember:

Everything happens to us for a reason.

There is a meaning to all our suffering in the larger scheme of things, even if we fail to understand it at that point in time.

If God makes us put something down, it is because he wants us to pick up something better. He is simply making space in our lives for greater things, preparing us for our tomorrow.

Just like every piece of gold has to go through the fire to be made into a coveted ornament, so is God making sure that we are polished just right, and ready for our next journey, into a better relationship, a higher paying job, improved health... 

When you are just ready to quit, when another moment is threatening to be the proverbial last straw on the camel's back, remember that nothing in this world is everlasting.

If your good times didn't last, your bad times won't either.

Life is just a game of patience that you have to win. You are strong enough to win. You can, and will walk those few extra steps that would take you to rock bottom. And rejoice, not because you are at the lowest point in your life, but because from here on, the only way is up.

It is just a waiting game, a game that you are forced to play, against your will; but be determined that you will win - not immediately, but definitely. 

Time and your determination will see you through and this time next year, you will probably ask yourself what the great fuss was about!! 

© Manic Sylph