The Simple Pleasures Of Life

The children, far from spending their days in a carefree manner have ended up becoming the steps on which the parents climb the social ladder. Our unrealistic expectations are robbing children of their childhood.

No wonder, then, that our lives are a series of stressful events joined together by the thread of anxiety and mistrust. Lifestyle diseases are preying on people at an increasingly younger age.

What is that we are gaining out of this rat race? And at what cost? Isn't the price that we are paying for social forwardness disproportionately higher than the rewards we have gained ?

At this point in our lives, we must introspect and decide on what we want out of our lives, what are our priorities, and how much we are ready to pay for it.

Does it really matter what others think of us?

Who cares if we are not seen at the most happenings spots in town? Will any of these so called friends we are trying to outdo lift even their little finger when we need help? I think not. This coterie of advantage seekers and hangers-on is there only to have their slice of pie. They are not our well wishers and are rather taking us away from those who really are our friends, because we don't have time for the real friends any more.

Its time to wake up to the realities of life, snap out of our pretentious lifestyle, and look at what we really need to make us happy. The simple pleasures of life are worth much more than the most expensive gifts. The peace and contentment we get out of an evening spent feeding the ducks at the local pond is much greater, and much cheaper, than party hopping with page 3 celebrities who don't care two hoots about you anyway. 

~Manic Sylph