Of Fairy Tales And Happy Endings

You might wonder why am I talking of endings at the very beginning? Well, I'm not. Not really. However, I realise that I am always judging things on how they end, instead of how they begin, or go on.... 

Born and brought up on a steady diet of fairy tales, we all love happy endings. But the world soon shows us that these are mere pipe dreams. The fairy tales are, in fact, our way of escaping from the reality of our lives for the moment, to gather up our scattered energies, and then continue on our journey with renewed hope.

If it were not for the solace of losing ourselves in the world of fairy tales, be it the happily ever after kind of movies, or books, or whatever else that works for us, the reality might sometimes threaten to overwhelm us. They are a balm for our world weary soul, a way of rejuvenating ourselves, of overcoming the negativity that threatens to drown us at times.

Once I am thus recharged, I get up and get going again, ready to face the next hurdle that life throws at me.

As I walk down the path of life, I have begun to think that maybe it's not about happy endings at all! Maybe it's about the story that continues to unfold....

© M.S.