I Dream A Dream

I love dreamers. They are the people who have the courage to grab a handful of air and fashion their world with its wisps. They are the ones who see beauty in nothingness and paint it in the hues of their soul so the others can see it too.

I love dreams too. Dreams are what make life beautiful. Dreams are what make life worth all the pain and heartache.
It's my dream to dream up a dream life and then live my dream!

I have often been labelled a dreamer, the one who lives in a world of illusions. It hurts when people you love think that way about you but I feel sad for them because they, in denying their dreams, miss out on the most beautiful realities of life.

Dreams - Yes, they are not illusions of reality. They are the whispers that shape reality. They are the beautiful scenery that our souls reside in. They are the little chunks of paradise that fill up the cracks of our pain and make us whole again.

Better to be a dreamer than one who has never dreamed at all, because I may live to see my dreams fulfilled, but he who hasn't dreamed at all has got nothing to live for. Or to die with.

I rarely dream in my sleep, because all my waking moments, I am dreaming. I am letting my thoughts wander, and shape my dreams, so I can try and paint those shapes with the brush of my hard work, in the colours of my sweat and grime and then let the masterpiece of my soul loose on the world for all to see and marvel at its beauty. Because all dreams fulfilled are beautiful. And I am so tired of colouring the reality with my dreams during the day that I fall into a deep dreamless sleep at night.

Dreams lead the way. They tell us where to go.

And pipe dreams - they are the beautiful illusions that are the rest stops on the highways of our lives, the breathers that we need to take when we are tired, the time outs that are needed to recharge us when our feet are sore from trying to catch our dreams.

Pipe dreams are like the make belief world of the books we read, the movies we watch, that take us into little hollows of peace and happiness while we wait for the storms to pass us by. They are the impossible dreams but we dream them just the same, to make us smile, to be for a minute what we know we can't but still want to be with all our heart. They, in comparison, show us, that our dreams are real and possible.

Everyone wants to be an achiever. To be ambitious. To rise in the world, have name, fame and fortune. Are achievers not dreamers who dared to dream of becoming larger than life? The only difference is that they believed in their dreams and were ready to work for them even when no one else stood by them. They let their dreams fill their lives so that their lives became their dreams.

Do not belittle the dreamers. They are the ones who change the world. Belittle the ones who do not believe in their dreams enough to make them come true.

Dreams can achieve the impossible. They can bring you pieces of April in December. They can bring you vistas of snows in May. They can bring you the fragrance of your love when you are alone. They can bring you courage and hope when you have none.

So I dream.

I let myself believe in the impossible so I can make it possible. I try to catch the sun and the moon everyday so I can have them together. I know my sun might not hold hands with my moon, but at least I will get the stars to show for my efforts!

And if I persist, then one day, it will not be a dream anymore...... 

© M.S.