Chapter 3

This chapter's kinda short.. I'll try to make the next one longer and better PROMISE! :) So yeah enjoy! :D

Angel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was numbly following Jessie down the halls as she talked about our middle school years. After a while I felt myself being shook roughly and snapped out of my trance.

“Look I know your not listening, so just tell me who that hot guy was and why the heck are you a teacher here.” She said, rolling her eyes at me.

I blinked a few times at her before I processed what she said. I opened my mouth, then closed it, then opened it again.

“You know Aaron, right? Christine's husband?” I asked, scowling.

“Yeah...” She stretched the word out.

“Well their having a divorce,” I shrugged. “But the guy just got up and ran for some reason.”

I explained the whole thing with him being involved with the mafia and debts and all that. After that she seemed to look shocked, but then snapped out of it.

“And this explains that your a teacher how...?” She raised a brow at me.

“Well... Christine had to go hunt him down so she could get him to sign the divorce contract and to pretty much shout at him and make sure no girl goes near him again, and she got a job here before it all happened, so I have to fill in for her, but secretly that is.”

“Okay... that's... nice.” She finished lamely.

I rolled my eyes at her.

“So back to the guy back there. Who is he?” Jessie looked at me curiously.

“Seth Jaspers. I had the worst luck and he found out the whole secret replacement thing, while I was talking on the phone with Christine, and now he's blackmailing me.” I cringed again, thinking about what he mouthed before Jessie pulled me out of the room.

“Blackmail? As in he has a recording of you saying everything and threatens to tell someone unless you become his personal slave?” She said wide eyed.

I cracked up when I realized she was joking and she smiled.

“Actually...” I began when I calmed down. “He wants me to go on a date with him...” I trailed off. “Well I think that's what he said, I didn't quite catch the beginning of it...” I added after.

She squealed and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

“Can't... Breath... Let... Go...” I struggled against her iron grip.

Jessie let go and air was able to get into my lungs again. I inhaled deeply and felt a ting of pain, well I guess that spot was going to bruise. I groaned inwardly.

“Sorry.” She gave me a apologetic look, then bounced right back to her excited one. “Seriously? A date?!”

I nodded numbly.

“That's awesome! He's so hot! Your so lucky!” She exclaimed.

“You know I don't date.” I sighed.

“Well it's not like you have a choice, right?” She raised a brow.

I slumped my shoulders, knowing she was right. I yelped in surprise when she suddenly whacked me on the back, making me straighten up. I opened my mouth to ask her what was that for, but she beat me to it.

“You'll have fun, cheer up! By the way, call me and tell me all about it afterwards.” She winked at me, I opened my mouth, but was cut off yet again. “You still have my number right?”

I nodded.

“Good, text me later, wait no, I'll text you.” She said quickly as the bell signalled to end of lunch. “See ya!” Jessie blew me a air kiss and walked down the slowly filling hallway.

I stared after her, dumbfounded. I shook my head and walked back into my classroom, earning stares from the students that arrived in class early. Seth was gone already. I made my way to my desk and sat down behind it, getting ready to pass out the course outline to the next class when I noticed something scribbled on top of the first sheet on the pile. A red pen laid uncapped on top of it.

“Meet me at Hill Way park today after school. Seth.” I read the little note quietly and frowned.

He must have wrote it after I was dragged out. I remembered the park was about a fifteen minute drive from my house. I sighed and picked up the sheet of paper, scrunching it up and chucking it into the garbage can. I guess I don't have a choice but to go.

Seth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched as her friend drags her out of the room.

“Go on a date with me.” I mouthed to her.

She stiffened and looked shocked. I smirked as she disappeared around the corner, then walked around the desk and looked down at the pile of course outlines she had on her desk. I had an great idea and plucked a red pen from the holder. A smile tugged at the edges of my lips as I wrote a little note on top of the first page on the pile. Meet me at Hill Way park today after school. My hand lingered on the sheet, debating whether I should sign my name or not, she'd probably know it was me anyway. I shrugged after a moment of hesitation. Seth. I signed at the bottom, then straightened up to take a look at my work.

“Hey Seth, we need to get to gym early, Coach Collins want to speak to us about the upcoming game.” Brian poked his head into the room, surprising me.

I nodded and dropped the pen on the pile, not capping it. I felt kind of excited to see her tomorrow, I didn't know why. I scowled and shook it off before walking towards Brian and following him out the room.

Angel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day went by very fast. Jessie was in my last class and kept giving me excited looks, making me feel uncomfortable. When the bell rang I slumped into my seat. Jessie was carried out from the room by the swarm of students that were heading for the door, frowning as she was swept out. I sighed in relief before packing up my things. I said good-bye to Quincy on my way out and decided to go home first.

After about ten minutes or so of driving in bad traffic, I arrived Christine's house. I was currently living with her after my parents decided that they wanted to travel the world and see things they've never saw before. I wanted to go of course, but they wanted me to concentrate on school. Life. Sucks. I shoved the key into the lock and unlocked the door, dropping my bag on top of a pile of shoes and kicked my own off. I dropped the keys onto a little table beside in the living room and headed for my bedroom. I changed into a baggy t-shirt and fleece pyjama bottoms. I made up my mind not to go on the “date” that Seth blackmailed me into. I'm sure he'll realize that I wasn't going and leave, right?

-----------------------------------------

So how's that? We've met Jessie, Angel's bestfriend. Seen Seth and his sneaky ways. Kinda draggy but it'll get better! I like Seth so far, but Brian too :)

FAMMOTE if you liked it! :DD if you could tell me what you think in the COMMENTS that'll be great too! :D