Chapter 10 (Picture of Amy)

*READ BEFORE YOU START* I just wanted to say that err... welll.... before you start reading keep in mind that I've actually never dated anyone in my life, so I had trouble writing this part =.=" But yeah... WELLLLL ANNNYYWAYYY Hope you enjoy this chapter! :DD I decided to upload early because it's march break and all :)

Picture of Amy at the side --------------------------->

Angel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"W-What?" I asked shocked.

I looked over at Amy, but she didn't seem fazed, then over at Seth who's expression mirrored mine. Linda was smiling warmly.

"I-" I began, but was cut off by Seth.

"Is that a promise?" Seth asked.

His mom nodded, shooting Amy a look, which was returned by a nod. I didn't really get what was going on between the two of them, but shook it off, and turned to Seth. He had a weird expression on his face, looking down at his food. The rest of the meal was eaten in silence, no one said a thing.

When it was time to leave, I said goodbye to both Linda and Amy. Seth signalled for me to follow him to his car. I slid in silently, taking a deep breath. I guess I should be happy for Seth that if we "stay together" for two months, he'll be free of Amy, but it was surprising how Amy didn't look sad at all. She was emotionless, which strikes me odd. I looked over at Seth to find him staring at me with such intensity in his eyes, there was a emotion in them that I didn't recognize. I felt the palms of my hand begin to sweat when I couldn't bring myself to look away, it was as if I was paralysed. I finally wrenched my eyes away to stare at the windshield in front of me, my heart beating fast.

The voyage to my house was a long one. I would catch him stealing glances at me the entire way, making me nervous. We finally stopped in front of my house. He cut the engine after pulling into our drive way. The doors stayed locked. I turned to face him, frowning. He took a deep breath and look like he was about to say something, but thought better of it, and exhaled the breath he took. Seth unlocked the door. I began to step out, when his arm shot out and took hold of mine. There was a déjà vu moment as I remembered the first time it happened. I turned around, and there it was, the same expression he had before, his mouth opened as if he wanted to say something, then closed. I sighed and began pulling my arm away. I should have known that it was just going to be like before.

"I-I like you." He said in a small voice, making me stop struggling. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I froze completely, but didn't turn around. I could have heard him wrong, yeah, that must be it. I wrenched my hand away and ran up the steps of my house, feeling my face heat up. I fumbled in my pocket for my keys, and jabbed it into the door. I flung the door open, kicking off my shoes and ran up the my room. Pulling the curtains aside just a bit, I peaked out to see a dumbfounded Seth sitting in his car. It felt like forever before he pulled out of the driveway and back down the street in the direction of his house. I slid down the window, a million things running through my mind.

* * * * * *

It was a week after the incident, and also late November. Parents Teacher interviews were coming this Friday, and I've been avoiding Seth. During my shopping trip with Brian and Jessie, I told them everything. Brian didn't seem like he was interested in our gossip, but was shocked when I told him what Seth said. Jessie was squealing madly after every word I spoke, which made me laugh.