Chapter 4

Aha This chapter actually took a long time to write o-o"

Hope you enjoy it anyway tho!! :D

Angel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I furrowed my brows when I realized that everything seemed dark. My eyes flew open and I realized that I'd dozed off. The sun had already set and it was dark outside. I quickly walked over to where the lamp was and turned it on, squinting in the direction was the modern navy blue clock that was hanging on the wall, above the plasma flat screen. It was about 10:00pm. I came back at around four and slept for six hours! My phone beeped. I picked it up, it was a text from Jessie. The forty fifth text?! I'd told her about the note during class by pretending to talk to her about school during last period. I flipped through the texts, everyone of them were to ask me how the date went or why I wasn't answering. I sighed and jumped when the phone began vibrating in my hand. I fumbled and almost dropped it, then pressed the accept button.

“ANGEL! How was the date? Where did he take you? Was he nice or a player? Who am I kidding, with looks like that he's definitely a player! So what happened?” She half shouted, half squeaked with excitement, through the phone.

I was holding it away from me the moment she said my name. I pressed the phone back to my ear when she finally calmed down.

“Well...” I said slowly.

“Well?!” She copied me except with a much more enthusiastic tone.

“I didn't go.” I shrugged.

“You didn't- Go to- You didn't go- What?!” She demanded furiously.

Geez it was like I back stabbed her or something, she didn't need to be so upset that I didn't go on a date with a compete stranger that could have been an axe murderer for all I knew, highly unlikely, but still possible.

“What if he's still there waiting, huh? Then what would you do?” She asked.

“I-” I began, but then turned pale.

What she said wasn't possible, I shook it off, but before I up in my room and changing into a pair of sweats and a well fitting long sleeve.

“I'll call you later.” I closed the phone before Jessie could protest and pocketed it.

I threw on my coat and grabbed my car keys, heading down into the driveway after locking the door. It was raining, well more like pouring, and I could hear the rumble of thunder in the distance. I gulped, I knew this was stupid, but I still wanted to check just in case. I turned on the engine and pulled out of the driveway.

After fifteen minutes with the windshield wipers working in a rapid speed trying to get rid of all the rain, I was finally at the park. I parked on the side of the sidewalk and turned off the engine, sitting there, staring at the completely blurred scenery in front of me, I could barely see a thing, there was no way he was still out here. I smacked my head, physically, when I realized I forgot an umbrella and the jacket I was wearing didn't have one. I groaned and unlocked the car, getting out and stepping onto the wet and slippery cement ground. I closed the door of the car and was immediately drenched, my wet hair soaked, and my bangs plastered to my forehead. I walked slowly onto the grass of the park, walking around, trying to see through the rain, and blinking my eyes rapidly to get rid of the drops of water collecting on my eyelashes.

“Seth?” I called into the empty park.

There was no answer. I knew it, but the rain felt nice so I decided to stay. I strolled over to the park bench, my shoes made squishing noises on the muddy mess on the ground. I sat down, the bench was cold and sent a shiver up my spine. My teeth began to chatter. I felt something being thrown over head head and was about to shake it off, but before that I felt a pair of strong arms going around me, holding onto me like it's life depended on it. I glanced up and realized it was a jacket, then through it at the mysterious stranger. I knew I should have screamed, but I didn't. Something about these arms felt right, like I belonged in them. I knew who they belonged to.